Do you all realize how well we got it? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Do you all realize how well we got it? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by hd750 I got stuck going down hill in shopping center going over a speed bump! No more ...
    Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Re: Do you all realize how well we got it?

Quote Originally Posted by hd750 View Post
    I got stuck going down hill in shopping center going over a speed bump! No more snow trips.
    HD,

Glad to see you joined the dark side.

F

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Well, I'm treating the car right. After the snow escapade last week, I dropped it off today to get a thorough detail. By tonight she'll be all clean and shiny and all thoughts of me and road salt and snow and spinning sideways will be out of my head.

The V will rest peacefully in the garage until I hear the birds chirping and I see the Easter Bunny hopping down my street.

Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

While the GM of 1975-1995 is becoming a slowly fading, bad memory, pieces remain. I was reminded of this when I had to drain and refill the intercooler. There is no petcock so I had to remove hoses. The hoses on one side were heat welded to their connectors. No problem, there was a 2.5" little stub hose from a T connector to the circulation pump. So I cut it.

Well, it turned out that stub hose was not 3/4" heater hose like I thought. It was molded 7/8 at one end and 3/4 at the other. Oh well, I'll order one from the dealer.

GM will only sell that little 2.5" hose as part of the entire hose assembly for 1/2 of the intercooler routing. There is no credible reason for this in this day of computer data bases. When manual systems were used there was some justification based on the cost of tracking small parts. No longer. It's just The General trying to milk me for some extra cash.

I encounted the same problem when some little plastic gears in my Buick's power seats broke. GM will not sell them. To fix my seats I have to buy entire new frames at $2500 a pop.

In my BMW every single piece of the car was catalogued and available separately, including hoses and seat gears BTW.

Love the car but a rasberry to GM's oem parts division.

BTW, a 7/8 high temp heater hose worked fine. The General did not get my money.

livingthedream is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I was just visiting this forum because I am intending to buy an STS-V but once I saw that people are appreciating how much Cadillac does and how much Cadillac and GM have improved I thought I would tell you this one....

I started with an Olds Aurora that came with the Northstar (Cadillac) engine and I had it serviced at a Cadillac dealer... the car went 180,000 miles with no trouble until my teenage son slid it into a fence during a rain storm and totaled it (thankfully the kid was ok... or maybe not so thankfully )

In the midst I went to a salvage auction and bought an Eldorado ETS that had the front end demolished and rebuilt it. There was no damage to the northstar but everything else was creamed. I drove that car for four years and put over 120K miles on it and sold it. The person who bought it lives around the corner from me and in two years they have had no trouble with it.

I bought the CTS-V next (05). Only one issue the same as many, the singing rear end. Took it to the dealer, voila... new 06 rear end and I have not taken it to the dealer or anyone else since (28k miles) as there are just no issues with the car... ITS WONDERFUL.

Then bought my wife an 05 SRX. Other than the rattle in the huge sun roof the car is spectacular. You have to love the 08 CTS commercial about "does the car return the favor" of turning you on. I dont know about all of you, but my answer every time I turn a Cadillac key is YES!!!!

I have a choice, but I choose to only by Cadillac!!!!

STS-V and EXT are next for the wifey and me.

LivingtheDream
    "Turn the Key and Smile"

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by livingthedream View Post
    STS-V and EXT are next for the wifey and me.

LivingtheDream
    "Turn the Key and Smile"
    That's great. Do you have any idea of when you might be looking at one ?

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

I liked my EXT - in the summer I took out the whole midgate on nice days. With the moonroof and windows open it was like a luxury safari truck. Quick too - better if you add a SC. My CTS-V was a great car - never had a problem with it.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Do you have a time frame on when your STS-V will show up ?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.