2009 CTS V? What will the STS V? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2009 CTS V? What will the STS V? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac The new, larger CTS-V replaces the STS-V as a perfectly fine 4 door performance luxury ...
    Slo-Mo-Shun is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V; TopKart Flash 125 Shifter

Re: 2009 CTS V? What will the STS V?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    The new, larger CTS-V replaces the STS-V as a perfectly fine 4 door performance luxury sedan.
    Yeah, but its got a chevy V8 in it. Somehow, that just ain't right.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

A *Corvette* SUPERCHARGED V8 - that's better than right. I wish they had not dumbed down the cam for the typical luxury car buyer. Although strictly speaking the LSA is Cadillac CTS-V specific.

The first V with that Z06 cam made amazing sounds, despite the very few unwashed who thought it had a "rough idle" LOL. A quarter in the high 11's and 0-60 in the high 3's? World's fastest sedan a Cadillac? Now THAT's right ;-)

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    There will be no Cadillac Sixteen. The STS and DTS will be replaced by a new model slightly favoring the STS to the DTS. In time, there will be a newer model larger than the STS/DTS replacement for people who favor the characteristics of the DTS.
    I went to a focus group last month that was clearly put on by Cadillac. They had us looking at cars that were between the DTS and STS in size and appeal. You could see some of the Sixteen flavor in the designs, including a long hood that could accomadate a V-12 or V-16. They asked our opinions about such technology. I have heard talk of a "Sixteen like" vehicle with a V12 developed from 2 DI V6's

Newmonarch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I want to see Sixteen on roads! Amazing car!

Quote Originally Posted by WillySTS View Post
    I have heard talk of a "Sixteen like" vehicle with a V12 developed from 2 DI V6's
    With the new CAFE laws now in place, such a car seems even more unlikely than it was when gas was $1.75/gallon. It seems more likely that we'll see developments along the line of the Tahoe hybrid, maybe with a small fuel cell to extend the electric-only range. I personally question the long term economic and environmental benefits of such technologically complex vehicles, but I think this is where we are going. And if GM has to allocate R&D resources to meeting CAFE regs, that is all the less $$ available for low-volume, low-mileage engines like a V12.

sj1400 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 ESV

In regards to the CTS-V - 550hp with your choice of stick or automatic. With launch control this will be a potent vehicle for sure. It would have been nice if the 620hp version could have been placed in the STS-V but I know I'm dreaming & rambling. Got to love the HP wars while we can before it's too late. Rumor has it the Viper will be toast.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Odds are the 09V will come out with a little more than 550hp when they are done tuning it. But like any performance car the owner will almost certainly be able to mod and tune it within a year of it being released. So 600hp models with very little modification doesn't seem a stretch.

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

According to my dealer, who was out in Arizona with the 2 prototypes for the CTS-V, they had both a 600 and a 550 HP version out there. The 600 was just too unstable for most of the test track rides. Link that with GM's conservative bias towards the consumer, and you end up with the 550 version. If the engine is the same - just tweaked DOWN to 550 HP, then tweaking it back UP shouldn't really be that difficult. Also talked with the build team at the Chicago Auto Show on Sunday - yes, they actually had guys from the Michigan assembly plant there - and he said he can't wait to get his hands on these. Kind of nice to talk to someone who knows FIRST HAND how this thing (current STS-V) is built, not just some sales guy who is just making stuff up to get a sale.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobs-sts-v View Post
    The 600 was just too unstable for most of the test track rides. Link that with GM's conservative bias towards the consumer, and you end up with the 550 version. If the engine is the same - just tweaked DOWN to 550 HP, then tweaking it back UP shouldn't really be that difficult.

Bob

It's kind of funny when we're calling 550hp "conservative," isn't it?

Car & Driver reported that the CTS-V will not get the titanium exhaust valves or the dry sump system off the ZR 1 motor, so while the engine undoubtedly can be bumped up to ZR 1 levels, it won't be quite the same thing.

caddyv8v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V FG2 & 07 SRX

the 09 cts-v will indeed be the real upgrade from the 04-07 model. after owning an 06 sts-v, i believe it is the also a sort of upgrade for that model as well. not a zr-1 at all, as stated above, no titanium rods/valves, smaller intercooler/super charger etc. this motor will however be capable of being retuned for additional power. weight for the auto will be about the same as the current sts-v.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.