D3 Stage 1.5 Power Package
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, D3 Stage 1.5 Power Package in Cadillac V-Series Forums; [YOUTUBE]gYNmS29re0c[/YOUTUBE]...
    Fire and Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

D3 Stage 1.5 Power Package

[YOUTUBE]gYNmS29re0c[/YOUTUBE]

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Re: D3 Stage 1.5 Power Package

55 rwhp gain!...I'm diggin that!

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

FireandIce,

That's great, but I didn't even get that much gain and I did the Stage I and Stage II intake with a custom dyno tune.

Maybe it's because I was on a Dynojet instead of a Dynapack?

Are the Dynojet numbers that different over the Dynapack numbers?

I would really have liked to get at least that much of a gain and I didn't.

SG

Dynojet numbers are typically lower because on the dynapack you don't have the weight of the wheels to turn in addition. This vehicle with the stage 1.5 package has exhaust work and spark plugs in addition to the intakes you have and a custom tune. All could be contributing factors in its higher output. We can certainly provide you with additional components to increase the output of your vehicle, even beyond that of this vehicle featured here.

Should you have any further questions, I will gladly provide you with whatever information I can. Thank you and happy holidays!

Craig

D3Ceaze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V, STS-V, XLR-V, Escalade, XLR, STS, CTS, all D3 cars.

The only thing I could think of is that perhaps your dyno tuner was a bit conservative with the dyno tune? but it could possibly be that each car is different as we've seen a +-5hp-10hp variance in all of our STS-V dyno runs ...look at your A/F and timing, might be able to squeeze out more power? as I recall you got your STS-V tuned at LAPD right? what was your base dyno number stock?

D3Ceaze is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V, STS-V, XLR-V, Escalade, XLR, STS, CTS, all D3 cars.

Ahh yes, that's right, that vehicle in the video did have exhaust work done to it as well as spark plugs. Most of the additional gain is from the exhaust work done. I've seen your dyno chart before, very nice gains none the less! Did they remove most of the "nannies" from your vehicle?

Quote Originally Posted by D3Ceaze View Post
    Ahh yes, that's right, that vehicle in the video did have exhaust work done to it as well as spark plugs. Most of the additional gain is from the exhaust work done. I've seen your dyno chart before, very nice gains none the less! Did they remove most of the "nannies" from your vehicle?
    I have the same spark plugs. I purchased them from Craig over at D3 and had them installed BEFORE the dyno tune. Yes, Doug over at LAPD removed almost all the Torque management and left it where it was needed. Doug spent all day on my STS-V to get me every bit out of the car.

I don't have any exhaust work, but I doubt I will see a 10 RWHP gain from it.

SG

We've actually found the exhaust system is one of the bigger restrictive points in the 4.4L S/C N/S motors. We are working on several prototypes that should yield some nice gains.

Craig

VelocitySTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS V '06

What type of plugs are they and how do they improve performance?

The spark plugs we provide with our performance packages are a specially patented design spark plug made by an former aerospace engineer who has been building these spark plugs for several decades. These spark plugs are designed to burn more efficiently than any conventional or platinum plug on the market. A more complete burn equals less fuel wasted, more power produced and lower emissions.

On a side note, I personally bench tested these plugs about 15 years ago when I was first introduced to them. I packed them around the electrode with bearing grease and inserted them into the test chamber. These plugs fired and cleaned themselves out within several minutes leaving almost no evidence there had been any grease at all. Every other plug we tested, standard and platinum tip, failed to fire much less anything else.

I've run the same set of plugs in every performance vehicle I've owned and in several daily driven cars. These spark plugs were, in my opinion, a major contributing factor in achieving first place in several horsepower shootouts at a local speed shop on their dyno in 1999, 2000, 2001, and 2002.

Craig

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

Yeah, but what a freakin' pain in the derriere it is changing out the passenger side plugs...could they put anything more in the way? In my opinion it was easier/less time consuming to switch out the intake!

VelocitySTSV, I beleive the boxes the plugs came in said torquemaster on the side.

The passenger side spark plugs are much more difficult to reach. A nice set of swivel head extensions really makes it easier to get them swapped.

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by Bee iLL View Post
    Yeah, but what a freakin' pain in the derriere it is changing out the passenger side plugs...could they put anything more in the way? In my opinion it was easier/less time consuming to switch out the intake!

VelocitySTSV, I beleive the boxes the plugs came in said torquemaster on the side.
    I know those spark plugs, they do work good on a boosted vehicle. I had some in my Mazda 323 GTX back in the early '90's when I was runnin' 18lbs of boost vs 8lbs stock. Of course I had my HKS "piggy back" fuel computer adding pulse with to the injectors, much like the "D3" box plugs in and is kinda "piggy back". It worked good. I remembered I could run more boost with those plugs vs platinums.

Quote Originally Posted by WillySTS View Post
    I know those spark plugs, they do work good on a boosted vehicle. I had some in my Mazda 323 GTX back in the early '90's when I was runnin' 18lbs of boost vs 8lbs stock. Of course I had my HKS "piggy back" fuel computer adding pulse with to the injectors, much like the "D3" box plugs in and is kinda "piggy back". It worked good. I remembered I could run more boost with those plugs vs platinums.
    Exactly. Every vehicle is only as good as it's weakest point and often times the ignition system is the last to be upgraded. Torquemaster plugs LOVE gas and are nearly impossible to foul.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.