Bluetooth Pairing issues ? (I did run a search) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Bluetooth Pairing issues ? (I did run a search) in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Does anyone have the version number of the updated software and instructions on how to pull that number from your ...
    dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Re: Bluetooth Pairing issues ? (I did run a search)

Does anyone have the version number of the updated software and instructions on how to pull that number from your nav unit?

The reason I ask is that I had mine upgraded about two months ago, and I want to make sure they did it right. I still have the problem where the radio fails to mute, and if they didn't really update it properly or updated to the wrong version, I'd like to know how to tell.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I am not sure about the STS, but every handsfree device I have used, you definitely want to pair from the phone, not the device. Some of them, you want the device in normal mode, not pairing, for the phone to correctly pair up. I am not sure why that is.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

The only way to check the software version that I know of is on a Tech 2 screen.
    One issue I have seen is that they load the software but they don't "activate" it so even though it is in the radio, it is not running on that software.
    If you know someone with a Tech 2 I can get you the software version number.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Yeah the performance shop that did my CTS-V mod work has a Tech 2. I guess my normal service advisor was off today, but I'll try to reach them again tomorrow and see what they can find out about the dealership having the disks and knowing how to do the update.

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    The only way to check the software version that I know of is on a Tech 2 screen.
    One issue I have seen is that they load the software but they don't "activate" it so even though it is in the radio, it is not running on that software.
    If you know someone with a Tech 2 I can get you the software version number.
    Thanks, ewill3rd. I may take it back to my dealer who did the initial installation.

I have heard that the upgrade completely wipes out everything you have stored in your nav system like radio presets, custom points of interest, etc. When they did the upgrade, it did wipe out the radio presets, but all of my custom points of interest and voice tags were still there. I found that suspicious, but I had no way of proving or disproving that the upgrade had been activated.

This was on our STS-V, but I need to get our new (to us) 06 STS4 updated too. I know the dealer has the disks now so it should be fairly quick for them to do.

Thanks for the info!

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Welcome CIWS! Regarding the bluetooth, I had no problem connecting to my Nextel Motorola phone. I love the bluetooth, it really works great.

It looks like the Motorola's work (as a general rule). I've just had problems with Motorola phones in the past, several models over the years, usually with charging and batteries. However I know my phone (Samsung) will not work period.

I never got a call back today from the service rep about the TSB and if they had the disks already.

There are two software packets that are loaded, they both have to be activated separately.
    It is possible they activated one and not the other.
    I am not sure on the ones I have done if the nav data is lost.
    I do have one customer that I can email and ask him if he lost his nav stuff to be sure.
    The only way to know if the updates have been run is to have them hook up the Tech 2 and read the ID numbers for the software.
    (compare to TSB)
    If I get a chance later I'll post more info from the TSB with the software ID numbers.

Excellent information as always. Thanks ewill3rd!

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Had my car almost 2 full years now, and never had any problems with my Motorola RAZR via Cingular/AT&T. Once in a very limited while, I will get the connection without the mute of the radio - maybe 3 or 4 times - but that is it. My phone, however, is nearing the end of its useful life. Battery only holds a charge for about 1 day, and sometimes gives me the error message "unable to charge." I dread having to switch phones, since this one has worked relatively flawlessly with my V. Anyone had any problems with the newer versions of the RAZRs?

Bob

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I have 2 Razr's, mine and my wifes. Both hooked up perfectly from day one, over a year now. Hers was doing as yours about the battery life, so I replaced it with an updated one, V3 whereas the otherone was Vxx. It took to the STS like a duck to water...works perfectly.

Well the service advisor says they do already have the disks to perform the Nav/Radio TSB so I have an appointment on tuesday. Here's hoping they know what they're doing

Also looking at getting a Clear Bra install done possibly late next week, looks like there are several possible kits for the STS-V.

There are two sets of discs, the original set for this was made in '05. Those have an older version of the software. This was from a non-published PI, so not many dealers did it. I have the '05 set, but the new '07 released version in TSB form calls for a newer set of discs. I have those also as mentioned previously.
    Be sure your service advisor explains to the tech that they must follow the procedure fairly closely.
    Strangely the menus on the Tech 2 are slightly different than the menu navigation listed in the TSB but the instructions must be followed to activate the software once it is loaded.

I always get nervous when I do it, I had one lock up (with the '05 disc set) and I had to disconnect the battery overnight to get the radio to work again. I have had no issues with the newer disc set.
    There is a progress bar and some japanese or chinese or something on the screen while it loads.

I had one that showed a photo of some concert while the software was loading! That was even creepier!

Got the car back from the dealership and the TSB was supposed to be done. Just for grins I tried the bluetooth paring again and it's still a no-go even though the TSB wasn't to address that issue I thought I would try it anyway.

Here's the text from the invoice for ewill to look over.

" 883 R9707 Found Bulletin 05-08-126-001B about problems with the Nav/Radio that can be corrected with a software update. Used Tech 2 to pull radio ID info and current software versions and found that the current set up was radio part # 15793847 and Nav ver 0F90 and audio ver 010B which calls for the update. Peformed update in accordance to the Bulletin's instructions and tested operation. Found Nav/Radio to be working properly but could not test actual navigation function because there was no NAV disk in the vehicle when brought in."

All of my radio data was still there (station presets) and the settings for my seats and mirrors, but the Nav stuff appeared reset/cleared.

Thanks for your assistance ewill.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Welcome to the STS-V club CIWS.....seems to be getting bigger every day.

F

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.