Anyone with the D3 springs respond please
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Anyone with the D3 springs respond please in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I love the new found power of the car with the stage 1, but I would like some cornering capabilities ...
    hodgeee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 STS-V

Anyone with the D3 springs respond please

I love the new found power of the car with the stage 1, but I would like some cornering capabilities to match the power. I was considering the D3 springs to help out, plus they say they are working on some heavier swaybars for the car, hell even some bushings would help a lot.

For those that have lowered theirs, how has handling improved? At first I was worried about rubbing going up driveways and whatnot, but hell, even now I can't pull even close to curbs since the front end is so close to the ground, so I figure what the hell, get some springs, and help out the handling.

How is the ride also? James at D3 told me that they are also working on some other springs that do not lower the car as much, .5" less than the current springs, for a more balanced look, with a tad more clearance for curbs, driveways, and speedbumps. He said that the spring rate may be the same also, so the ride and handling should be pretty damn similar to the guys that have the springs now.

Last question, even with the springs, do you feel that the shocks need to be stiffer, or just a little more swaybar control. I do not want to loose my nice ride, but I believe the car could use a little more control in the corners. At least our suspensions are pretty good, try driving a SRT8 charger, sloppy like a fishing boat, but with the same accelerative power as our cars = scarry!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Re: Anyone with the D3 springs respond please

I thought about these but decided against it because of the lowering of the car and the curb issue. Here in PA all parking spots have a curb in front or a bumper block. If I lower the car an inch I'll be hitting each and every one of those. Hell, most of the time now the front ground effects just barely fit over the curbs and even a few times it has scraped, I can see a few marks.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Youre always compromise something to get something. You want better cornering, you get stiffer ride. You want more power, you gotta beef up the diff....gotta pay to play. Depends on how far you take it.

F

hodgeee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 STS-V

Yeah, I know the rule, "For every action there is a equal reaction!" I am willing to stiffen things a bit, that is why I was wondering if anyone here has the springs, and how much did it help it, or did it make it too unlivable!?

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

If my STS-V wasn't a lease, I would have gone crazy with everything D3 offers like lowering springs, sway bars, intercooler upgrade, pulley, and anything else. My STS-V is a 2 year lease and I have had the car for 7 months now. Not much left on the lease and everything I have done so far is easily removable so I can take the car back to stock before turning it back in and going with either the new CTS-V or next gen STS-V if there will be one.

SG

Fire and Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Sorry Aero, but the sway bars haven't been released yet, but the lowering springs are a nice way to improve cornering on the STS-V. We are also working on some other ways to improve the vehicle's ride and suspension and should hopefully have something new out by the end of this year, probably after SEMA.

Craig

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.