STS-V VS. CTS-V Handeling & Diff Comparison...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, STS-V VS. CTS-V Handeling & Diff Comparison... in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Just lurking and it's probably been discussed but I'm tired from being under the hood all night with... Curious as ...
    Chef is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

STS-V VS. CTS-V Handeling & Diff Comparison...

Just lurking and it's probably been discussed but I'm tired from being under the hood all night with...

Curious as to the:
    • Handling vs. the CTS-V
    • Diff strength - can you launch it as much as you would like?
    • 1/4 mile stock
    • Mod depth
    • Road course flexibility
    Thanks,
    Chef

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Re: STS-V VS. CTS-V Handeling & Diff Comparison...

Hello,
    Might as well chime in on this one.
    • Handling vs. the CTS-V. Obviously the STS-V is much heavier. For a big car it can get around corners. It will not be the corner carver you can make the CTS-V, but it will certainly hold its own.
    • Diff strength - can you launch it as much as you would like? Since the STS-V is auto it uses the torque converter to transfer the power to the rear diff. This alone will help minimize shock to the diff. We haven't heard of any issues with the diff as of yet.
    • 1/4 mile stock - Stock 1/4 mile is 13.2 out the box. Couple of mods will run you into the 12's.
    • Mod depth - The modification support is there. It is just a matter of fast you want to go. We are working on new cams, heads, headers, ECU software, and a stroker motor.
    • Road course flexibility. The car will do whatever you want it to do. If you are going to go on a road course, do yourself a favor and ditch the run flats!

Thanks,

Dr. Design

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    Just lurking and it's probably been discussed but I'm tired from being under the hood all night with...

Curious as to the:
    • Handling vs. the CTS-V
    • Diff strength - can you launch it as much as you would like?
    • 1/4 mile stock
    • Mod depth
    • Road course flexibility
    Thanks,
    Chef

Dr.

Good input...thx

BTW Did you drop by my resort in Chandler recently? I had one of my cooks tell my that someone dropped a card off from D3 at the spa?

Just wondering...

Thanks,
    Chef

thefred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Chef,

Now you're thinking....come on over. I can't wait to see what you'll do with an STS-V. And with you and F over here, man would that be a great combination .....we'll really see what these cars can do!!

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

No problem.

Hmmm...Nobody in Chandler, AZ could have just been a fellow enthusiast. Good to hear that we have adequate coverage.

Thanks,

Dr. Design

Quote Originally Posted by Chef View Post
    Dr.

Good input...thx

BTW Did you drop by my resort in Chandler recently? I had one of my cooks tell my that someone dropped a card off from D3 at the spa?

Just wondering...

Thanks,
    Chef

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hello,
    Might as well chime in on this one.
    • Handling vs. the CTS-V. Obviously the STS-V is much heavier. For a big car it can get around corners. It will not be the corner carver you can make the CTS-V, but it will certainly hold its own.
    • Diff strength - can you launch it as much as you would like? Since the STS-V is auto it uses the torque converter to transfer the power to the rear diff. This alone will help minimize shock to the diff. We haven't heard of any issues with the diff as of yet.
    • 1/4 mile stock - Stock 1/4 mile is 13.2 out the box. Couple of mods will run you into the 12's.
    • Mod depth - The modification support is there. It is just a matter of fast you want to go. We are working on new cams, heads, headers, ECU software, and a stroker motor.
    • Road course flexibility. The car will do whatever you want it to do. If you are going to go on a road course, do yourself a favor and ditch the run flats!

Thanks,

Dr. Design

Cheffo,

Ill second what the Doc says....also...the aftermarket stuff isnt there like it is for the pushrod stuff. There are a few builders that will mod a LC3 (4.4L N*) and make it a stroker or as mentioned do a heads/intake/headers. BUT, and heres the thing....not much software support yet. HPTuners has the 4.4SC stuff, EFILive is scan only at this point with Tuning by fall....but there isnt much experience with it. D3 has done a few, and by my limited view, they seem to have had the best outcomes. My builder is working on some stuff in Detroit (not your brand X....I know them too) that will make some HP for a bunch less than the pushrod stuff. Id like to get some Hotchkis sways for the corners, but they dont have anything yet.
    The STS-V is a sleeper more so than the CTS-V cause the noise aint there. Im talking with Corsa right now and they will hopefully they will be releasing a system specifically for the STS-V by winter.
    PM me if you have more Qs

F

Fire and Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Agreed. Good to know people are spreading the word for D3.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Great thread. I agree with all that has been said by D3. As F said, the cars are really sleepers. When you put it in sport mode and nail the throttle, the car really goes. I am still surprised by the torque while doing 60 mph or so and burrying the throttle, the entire front end lurches up like a horse off to the races.

Anyway, come on over Chef, the water is great!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.