I just ordered the GSD3s
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, I just ordered the GSD3s in Cadillac V-Series Forums; All you bastages touting these tires better be right or I'm going to hunt you down like dogs! Actually the ...
    Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

I just ordered the GSD3s

All you bastages touting these tires better be right or I'm going to hunt you down like dogs!

Actually the dealer gave me a price installed that was only $ 100.00 more than the Tire Rack price which was just shipped with no install, so I think I got an ok deal on them from the dealer.

I'm a little concerned about the no spare, please hold me and conosle me about this issue.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

05cts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Re: I just ordered the GSD3s

I am thinking about these as well but not having a spare is holding me back....at least for now.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    All you bastages touting these tires better be right or I'm going to hunt you down like dogs!

Actually the dealer gave me a price installed that was only $ 100.00 more than the Tire Rack price which was just shipped with no install, so I think I got an ok deal on them from the dealer.

I'm a little concerned about the no spare, please hold me and conosle me about this issue.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by 05cts-v View Post
    I am thinking about these as well but not having a spare is holding me back....at least for now.
    Big deal, ladies...thats what your AAA card/Onstar is for. Get a flat, call a flatbed. OR pull the tub in your trunk, buy a spare rim/tire/jack and dont worry about it. Your run-flats are no different.....you STILL HAVE A FLAT! Sheesh

F

I asked you to console me and you scold me.

I'm going to go cry in the corner now, thanks.

PS. You can drive 50 miles on a run flat tire with no air in it and hobble home. Try that on a conventional tire Mr. Rolling Stones.

Tks, bye.

thefred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Well, since no one has had a bad words to say about these tires, I look forward to your good report as well. I like the idea of the runflats, but it may just be a novelty. I'm curious to know if the ride outweighs your fear of not having a spare!

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

I still like my Michelines. Since a couple of us just got new tires. Some GS3D and me Michelin Pilot Primacy XSE's lets see how many miles each gets.

Michelin Pilot Primacy 275/40/19 UTQG 240 Tire rack price $390 ea
    Goodyear GSD3 275/40/19 UTQG 280 Tire rack price $248 e

I asked you to console me and you scold me.

I'm going to go cry in the corner now, thanks.

PS. You can drive 50 miles on a run flat tire with no air in it and hobble home. Try that on a conventional tire Mr. Rolling Stones.

Tks, bye.
    If youre in the country, 50 miles aint that far....and you still gotta replace the tire.....

you can stop crying now.

F

z06bigbird is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Sedan de Ville, CTS

Thanks.

There goes all of your beer and pizza $$ for the next 5 years. Isn't that consoling?

Didn't gov just recall those tires because they were made in China??? April fool.

bobs-sts-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Kadonny,
    You won't be disappointed by the ride and increased handling, or the drop in road noise. Now while Florian may have the right idea, that steel-trap mind of his has sprung a leak (mixing metaphors, aren't I). While the spare rim and tire sound like a logical idea, which do you pick as the spare - the 18" or the 19"? Inevitably, which ever you pick, the other will go! Just TRY mounting that spare 19" on the front after a blow-out! Now that would be an interesting ride home.

Seriously, I haven't had a tire blow out since I was in college. With the TPMS system, you should catch 98% of all tire problems before they get serious. So relax and enjoy the new feel of those GSD3s.

Bob

P.S. Sorry Florian, but I am a stickler for details. Just pokin' fun at ya! Not often you can pick on one of the best.

Quote Originally Posted by bobs-sts-v View Post
    Kadonny,
    You won't be disappointed by the ride and increased handling, or the drop in road noise. Now while Florian may have the right idea, that steel-trap mind of his has sprung a leak (mixing metaphors, aren't I). While the spare rim and tire sound like a logical idea, which do you pick as the spare - the 18" or the 19"? Inevitably, which ever you pick, the other will go! Just TRY mounting that spare 19" on the front after a blow-out! Now that would be an interesting ride home.

Seriously, I haven't had a tire blow out since I was in college. With the TPMS system, you should catch 98% of all tire problems before they get serious. So relax and enjoy the new feel of those GSD3s.

Bob

P.S. Sorry Florian, but I am a stickler for details. Just pokin' fun at ya! Not often you can pick on one of the best.
    Yeah, I thought of that after I posted....but since Kadonny was whimpering, I thought...screw it...let it slide.
    Oh, and as for steel traps....more like wet paper bags...
    F

Bah, I'm done whimpering now, my mommy gave me ice cream.

Littleelvisdan, funny thing is in 9 months I only have 8k on the car. If the new tires last even 20k I'll be out of the car by then and into something new.

Still, we can track progress. Good stuff.

In 2 months I have 9K on mine. Sooo I will let you know in a couple of months how many miles I got out of them. :-)

Has anyone tried the new Good Year F1 All Season tires?

I searched Tire Rack, the only tires in our sizes are, advan, GS-d3's, conti, pirelli, and Michelin. At least those are the only ones they carry in a matching set.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEELVISDAN View Post
    I searched Tire Rack, the only tires in our sizes are, advan, GS-d3's, conti, pirelli, and Michelin. At least those are the only ones they carry in a matching set.
    I looked there as well. I learned about the new F1 All Seasons on Good Years site and then called Discount Tire( they don't list them on their site either ) and they have them in stock( 245/45ZR18 100Y ).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.