Corsa Exhaust Poll - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Corsa exhaust specifically made for the STS-V?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 76.47%
  • No

1 5.88%
  • Maybe-Depends on price

3 17.65%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Corsa Exhaust Poll in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by austin I can't seem to find the STS-V Corsa exhaust for sale?? Is it a full catback ...
    Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Re: Corsa Exhaust Poll

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post

I can't seem to find the STS-V Corsa exhaust for sale?? Is it a full catback system or just mufflers??
    because there is no such animal.

F

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    because there is no such animal.

F

Oh, what is this all about???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZkSJXlEAkU

jtcarlson is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

I believe that is the exhaust system that d3 sells for the sts-v. They modified the STS system from Corsa to fit the V.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

That is correct!

Corsa will NEVER put out a dedicated system for the STSV. This is something we went over with them a few years ago. Their stance has not changed, nor will it change in the future. Give them a call and they will most likely ask you to call us if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarlson View Post
    I believe that is the exhaust system that d3 sells for the sts-v. They modified the STS system from Corsa to fit the V.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    That is correct!

Corsa will NEVER put out a dedicated system for the STSV. This is something we went over with them a few years ago. Their stance has not changed, nor will it change in the future. Give them a call and they will most likely ask you to call us if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Hi,

How much are you selling it for?? Has it been dyno proven?? Is there drone?? Is it a full cat back, with x-pipe or resonators?? Sorry for the many questions.

Also, could you please update your .pdf internet STS-V price and parts sheet to include all you have to offer. Thank you.

Fire and Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

We have not dyno tested just the exhaust by itself, although the mufflers are, by design, much less restrictive than the factory units. As with all Corsa exhaust systems, there is no drone. They have a nice tone at idle and very throaty sound under acceleration, but none of the annoying drone. It is not a full cat back system as your cats are located at the very front of the vehicle attached to the exhaust manifolds. This system we use will need to be welded in by an exhaust shop. The system looks clean and sounds great. Unfortunately Corsa never made a system for the STS-V so we've done what we could to bring their product to the consumer. MSRP on the STS/STS-V Corsa exhaust is $1195.00. Feel free to give me a call or email should you have any further questions. Thank you.

First Class Motoring is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Z06 (543rwhp-521rwtq)05 CTS-V (???rwhp-???rwtq)

Oh, what is this all about???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZkSJXlEAkU
    that was my o6 sts-v.the first sts-v with CORSA's retrofit it.i have the same ones on my 08 V and loveing it...

Quote Originally Posted by caddiyesso View Post
    that was my o6 sts-v.the first sts-v with CORSA's retrofit it.i have the same ones on my 08 V and loveing it...
    Hi.. That's sounds so sweet.. But how much louder would you say it is at idle, as compared to the stock exhaust (while sitting in traffic).

As for being on your new 08, has the dealer giving you a hard time over it??

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    That is correct!

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    sit tight....I may have an iron in the fire regarding this.....

F

thefred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

F
    That's what I'm waiting for.....

Why wait for Corsa to produce it, when D3 already has it??

Perhaps D3 could make it worth it to purchase it from them instead of waiting for Corsa. Maybe on a group buy, for say around $700.00 or less... If "x" amount are commited to buy it from them??

I'm not sure about Corsa and the deal they have with D3, but i know my Magnaflow's MSRP for my CTS-V was $1,100 (it was Stainless Steel, included a x-pipe, and a lifetime warranty),, and i only paid like $560.00 shipped! ..and that was brand new in the box from an authorized dealer.. And that was not even on a group purchase!

The mark up on exhaust is so rediculous for a pair of $20.00 mufflers and two 5' length of bent 2-1/2 SS piping.

This is just a thought, i know most of you guys are going to wait for Corsa.... But what if the price was right.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Why wait for Corsa to produce it, when D3 already has it??
    Because it's not a system designed for the V. Yes, the D3 retrofited STS exhaust is less restrictive than the stock V system, it is not nearly as free flowing as it could be. If Corsa designs it from teh ground up, they will make it the best it can possibly be.

So why pay $ 1200 for a bastardized system when you could possibly pay for a real Corsa designed system for the same money.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    Because it's not a system designed for the V. Yes, the D3 retrofited STS exhaust is less restrictive than the stock V system, it is not nearly as free flowing as it could be. If Corsa designs it from teh ground up, they will make it the best it can possibly be.

So why pay $ 1200 for a bastardized system when you could possibly pay for a real Corsa designed system for the same money.

You have a valid point.. But the D3 Corsa exhaust system, when addeded to there 1.5 Package bumps the hp up from around 400rwhp to around 420rwhp. That's M5 territory!. I know it's pricey when compared to a true catback made for a specific model. but what if the price was right?? I'd be happy with a 20hp gain. Just weighing in the options.

First Class Motoring is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 Z06 (543rwhp-521rwtq)05 CTS-V (???rwhp-???rwtq)

Hi.. That's sounds so sweet.. But how much louder would you say it is at idle, as compared to the stock exhaust (while sitting in traffic).

As for being on your new 08, has the dealer giving you a hard time over it??
    it's not too loud,it's deeper then the stock but when you get on it .i did not take my 08 to the dealer yet but my 06 i did and no problem.the dealer guys where complementing on the exhaust.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

I certainly admire your persistency! I personally have had a few talks with Mr. Browning as well as some staff members there as we have been working with them on developing some new products for other applications. Without getting into a he said / he said match, they were pretty adamant about not producing an STSV system. But if they prove to produce one that would be great, certainly wouldn’t bet on it though.

Thanks,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

F

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.