D3 Stage I, Stage II Pipes, Torquemaster spark plugs and Dyno Tune Coming This Week!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, D3 Stage I, Stage II Pipes, Torquemaster spark plugs and Dyno Tune Coming This Week!! in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Craig from D3 called me and emailed me letting me know my Stage II pipes and Torquemaster spark plugs shipped ...
    GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

D3 Stage I, Stage II Pipes, Torquemaster spark plugs and Dyno Tune Coming This Week!!

Craig from D3 called me and emailed me letting me know my Stage II pipes and Torquemaster spark plugs shipped out to me yesterday (Friday 8-3). Thank you Craig! Talk abou customer service!!! D3 is great!!! I already have the Stage I intake, but I never installed it.

This week, I plan on doing a baseline dyno over at LAPD (www.thelapd.com) which is located about 5 minutes from where I live. They dyno tune mainly GM vehicles, but specialize mainly in Vettes, but their tuner, Doug has done quite a few CTS-Vs and STS-Vs and has gotten very good results. He is very well known for his awesome abilities dyno tuning, not to mention is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet! I spoke with him on Thursday when I went down there and he said he can program better shift points for my tranny to get better use of the power I will be picking up. I CAN'T WAIT!!!

After the baseline dyno tune, LAPD is going to install my Stage I intake, Stage II pipes, Torquemaster spark plugs and then do a full dyno tune right after. LAPD has a new Dynojet dyno with full eddy current load control so they can simulate hills and put load on the car without having to drive it on the street to data log. Everything is done right on the dyno.

If anyone is local to LAPD, I urge you to visit them just to see all the twin turbo C5 and C6 Vettes. It sure looked like fun!!

At any rate, I will post impressions of the results as well as dyno numbers of before and after so you can all see the true independent results.

Impressions and dyno results coming this week, I HOPE!!

SG

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2

Re: D3 Stage I, Stage II Pipes, Torquemaster spark plugs and Dyno Tune Coming This We

Thanks for doing this!

I look forward to the results.

Is there anyway you could do incremental dynos?

Install the ECU then dyno, then ECU + Intake dyno, then ECU + Intake + Stage II?

That would be a huge help considering D3 is not releasing dyno numbers for STS-V.

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

Re: D3 Stage I, Stage II Pipes, Torquemaster spark plugs and Dyno Tune Coming This We

I can't wait for the results. This is exactly what I am having done to mine. I'll be giddy as a 13 year old school girl if you see big gains.............

are you going the HP Tune w/a custom tune route or buying the D3 plug and play chip?

If the Stage II pipes help the STS-V as much as the XLR-V I would coordinate a group buy with D3.

Quote Originally Posted by LITTLEELVISDAN View Post
    are you going the HP Tune w/a custom tune route or buying the D3 plug and play chip?
    He is using the D3 chip.

I assume you are going to have to spring for a HP tuner or pay for some credits on his dyno to get the stock program, re-programmed.

I assume you are going to have to spring for a HP tuner or pay for some credits on his dyno to get the stock program, re-programmed.
    LAPD is a tune shop but it appears AERO is just paying them to install the D3 components and dyno the car.

CadV,

LAPD is going to do a custom dyno tune using HP Tuners software. I am NOT doing the D3 ECU. It would take way too much time to do what you are asking and I don't have the time and either does LAPD, so I will do a baseline stock dyno run, install all the parts, have Doug dyno tune the car and be on my way. If you have access to a local tuner that has HP Tuners software like I do, it would be silly not to take advantage. If you don't have a local tuner that can do a custom dyno tune for you, go with the D3 ECU. I am a firm believer that nothing is a custom dyno tune. My specific car will spend a few hours on the dyno getting everything dialed in. I am having LAPD do the baseline dyno, install the parts and dyno tune the car all on the same day. Installing the parts without a dyno tune would be a waste.

LITTLEELVISDAN,

Doug is a HP Tuner Beta Tester and works very closely with Ken at HP Tuners. He has the unlimited version to tune ALL GM Vehicles. This works to my advantage!

SG

I am not slamming D3 by any means, mostly they are only changing the Air/Fuel ratios. If the tuner is going to re-program shift points and is already going to have the car on the dyno with a tuning program running he might as well just do a custom tune and forgo (sp?) the D3 chip.

sorry, you posted before I did.

sorry, you posted before I did.
    No problem.

It seemed that my post was a bit confusing, but I posted to clarify what I am doing.

Thanks!

SG

Quote Originally Posted by AERO1 View Post

LITTLEELVISDAN,

Doug is a HP Tuner Beta Tester and works very closely with Ken at HP Tuners. He has the unlimited version to tune ALL GM Vehicles. This works to my advantage!

SG
    Damn, that's sweet. My tuner does mostly GM's and is capable of tuning the STS-V. The only difference is that I have to buy the HPTuner and hell save the stock tune on my unit and then dyno tune so I will have both programs depending on getting the car serviced. A bit more expensive but I will have the flexibility to switch back and forth. I can't wait to see your results.

Quote Originally Posted by AERO1 View Post
    CadV,

LAPD is going to do a custom dyno tune using HP Tuners software. I am NOT doing the D3 ECU. It would take way too much time to do what you are asking and I don't have the time and either does LAPD, so I will do a baseline stock dyno run, install all the parts, have Doug dyno tune the car and be on my way. If you have access to a local tuner that has HP Tuners software like I do, it would be silly not to take advantage. If you don't have a local tuner that can do a custom dyno tune for you, go with the D3 ECU. I am a firm believer that nothing is a custom dyno tune. My specific car will spend a few hours on the dyno getting everything dialed in. I am having LAPD do the baseline dyno, install the parts and dyno tune the car all on the same day. Installing the parts without a dyno tune would be a waste.
    LAPD does good work. EFILive latest version also supports STS-V. Hopefully more custom tune stuff surfaces on the internet for our car.

I have a tune from Vector Motorsports. You should pick up 30-40hp with the tune from LAPD.

XLR-V picked up 20rwhp with the Stage II pipes alone which has me interested.

Damn, that's sweet. My tuner does mostly GM's and is capable of tuning the STS-V. The only difference is that I have to buy the HPTuner and hell save the stock tune on my unit and then dyno tune so I will have both programs depending on getting the car serviced. A bit more expensive but I will have the flexibility to switch back and forth. I can't wait to see your results.
    That's cool they are doing that for you. Most shops won't allow editing their work. You can do what I set out to do and that is provide a tune to the STS-V community.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.