New Exhaust Install
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, New Exhaust Install in Cadillac V-Series Forums; ...
    Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

Question New Exhaust Install

So, I will be getting a new exhaust for my V within the next week. 2 questions for all you wise members out there. Iíve always done all the work on my previous cars myself, though I do have to say I have never installed an exhaust system before. I have access to a car lift. What do you guys think, a do it yourself project? If not, I do have a friend who is a mechanic, and would be willing to install for a fee. Question is, will me or the mechanic installing it void any part of my warranty? If so, Iíd pay the little bit extra Cadillac will charge me for peace of mind.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jgrade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V6

Re: New Exhaust Install

Don't know about warranty issues, but I used to do exhaust work all the time when I worked at Midas during the summer months. Piece of cake. Where do plan to get the pipe? Why do you need to replace the exhaust on a newer car this soon? What pieces are you replacing? Are you trying to re-tune the exhaust?

Bikedude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

If your putting on Corsa's, then I'tll take less than 1/2 hour. I had mine installed at the Corsa Manufacturing Plant in Berea, Oh. , and it took about 20 min. He just cut off the old mufflers, and used the supplied Corsa Stainless clamps to put on the new cans. Great mod, sounds great looks better.

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

I am getting the 1.5 power package upgrade from D3 which includes the new exhaust. I have no reservations about installing the intakes pipes and chip, but wasn't sure how easy the exhaust install would be. Sounds like it should be as simple as I thought. Thanks for the info!

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

STS-V?
    belongs here.

hodgeee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 STS-V

Well, at least you are doing it the right way. I have tried three setups on mine already, and all sound like crap, are too loud, or drone like crazy. The Corsa's are the best bet all around, and stay in touch with what a Cadillac should sound like or how loud it should be to the ear.

txcadvette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V Black Raven, Light Gray

Quote Originally Posted by Bikedude View Post
    If your putting on Corsa's, then I'tll take less than 1/2 hour. I had mine installed at the Corsa Manufacturing Plant in Berea, Oh. , and it took about 20 min. He just cut off the old mufflers, and used the supplied Corsa Stainless clamps to put on the new cans. Great mod, sounds great looks better.
    Hey Bikedude, is the Corsa available now for the STS-V? The last email I received from Corsa a few weeks ago said they were still working on it. By the way, my experience with Corsa and GM products is that multiple dealers have no problem with Corsa exhaust upgrades even if it is "do it yourself".

hodgeee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 STS-V

You know D3 sells them, and they said they get them custom made from Corsa, so it must be a limited release to them or something, but according to Corsa they do not offer it. I quess they leave the liability up to D3!

Bikedude is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hey texcadvette, Don't know if they have the system for the V. I guess it is different than the regular V8. Call Corsa and ask for Jim Browning he's the man and a great guy and a certified "car guy". Tell him you know Bill Wisch, with the 95 Impala SS, and the STS V8. He'll get back to you for sure, and he may sell you a set to fit your needs.

VelocitySTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS V '06

The exhaust from D3 is for an STS, you have to make it fit the V. I am in Chicago and did mine if you would like view mine beforehand.

Fire and Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by VelocitySTSV View Post
    The exhaust from D3 is for an STS, you have to make it fit the V. I am in Chicago and did mine if you would like view mine beforehand.
    This is correct. Corsa has not released the STS-V system yet and last we heard they are not even close to doing so. We simply adapt the one from the STS to fit the STS-V. Most muffler shops can have it done in around an hour.

txcadvette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V Black Raven, Light Gray

Quote Originally Posted by VelocitySTSV View Post
    Can you post some pics or send them to me at rladow@austin.rr.com?

Thanks!

jdodman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS V (Then). 07 STS-V (Next), 11 CTS-V (Now)

That is really a dealership call. I had a Billy Boat Exhaust on my CTS-V for 3 years with no issues from the dealer. They actually liked it...

I would never do another exhaust system myself. They never go together without some pain and aggravation, along with a dremel, grease, a good hammer and a lot of cursing... For $75.00 a local shop put it in in one hour...The exhaust I experienced this pain with was from Hooker. Not sure about other exhaust systemes..

By the way, anyone want to buy a used Billy Boat exhaust for the 2004 CTS-V. It is in great condition...

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

I don't know if you guys know but, your friendly Cadillac dealer has a complete catback system for the STS-V thorugh GM Performance Parts
    part# 19157659 list price $1528.00.

Very nice system.

Fire and Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by WillySTS View Post
    I don't know if you guys know but, your friendly Cadillac dealer has a complete catback system for the STS-V thorugh GM Performance Parts
    part# 19157659 list price $1528.00.

Very nice system.
    If I'm not mistaken, this exhaust kit is made by Borla and has a VERY bad drone from inside the car. The only kit I've seen that does not drone is the one by Corsa.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.