New Exhaust Install - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, New Exhaust Install in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I've got a B&B on my 911 and it is very loud. I can't imagine that, unless it is a ...
    thefred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Re: New Exhaust Install

I've got a B&B on my 911 and it is very loud. I can't imagine that, unless it is a totally different animal, it would be any different for an STS-V.

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Well I will say that it is too loud for me anyway, B&B or Borla. I kinda think it is a Borla too, but I have never looked into it. I don't know anything about B&B except what you guys say. I wouldn't use any exhaust that was too loud on a Caddy anyway...and no one has shown us, to my knowledge, a before and after hp/tq increase from catback exhaust alone, which is really the only reason I would ever consider it in the 1st place.

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by WillySTS View Post
    Well I will say that it is too loud for me anyway, B&B or Borla. I kinda think it is a Borla too, but I have never looked into it. I don't know anything about B&B except what you guys say. I wouldn't use any exhaust that was too loud on a Caddy anyway...and no one has shown us, to my knowledge, a before and after hp/tq increase from catback exhaust alone, which is really the only reason I would ever consider it in the 1st place.
    With my CTS-V on the dyno...I netted 0 HP with just a bolt on exhaust...I am planning bigger intake, ported heads and exhaust. Im not going the header route as they arent worth the gains they give vs. assache the become.

F

thefred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Whaaat?

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    I am planning bigger intake, ported heads and exhaust. Im not going the header route as they arent worth the gains they give vs. assache the become.
    F
    Umm...what happened to......

Theres not much to be done to the STS-V, and by doing so Id be going down the same road to rear diff. destruction. I may do a tune and exhaust, but thats IT, I promise.

F

Same F or different F?

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

no internal mods....Ive promised myself....strictly bolt on. Really......

F

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

Post up a vid with audio so we can hear what it sounds like. Is there any drone while cruising?

jhelms is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 1SF

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth111 View Post
    I couldn't wait any longer, I just had the GM performance exhaust installed this morning on my sts-v.. I must say I was very impressed with the quality AND sound after the kit was assembled and installed on my car..... UNTIL... after a whole day of rompin around, I pulled up in my garage and noticed the distinct smell of melted plastic. knowing the new exhaust smell was done by mid day, I went to the back for a look... damnit all to hell if the exhaust hadn't MELTED the rear bumper cover in the rounded cut out area just above the place where the tips exit the back... I am so pissed... there is no fixing it... I am sooooo pissed right now........there WAS adequate space between the two. exhaust is still tight in place..now my baby will never be the same... I am wayyyy to anal about my stuff.. have to think about what to do now. nothing is a good solution... not even a new rear bumper cover will even come close to making me happy on this one, as it will still have to be painted, and seriously there is not even ANY body shop in my area that is worth a shit ...

That sucks! What was the update on this, did the dealership fix it? Can you post or email me some pics?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.