New Exhaust Install - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, New Exhaust Install in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by Bikedude Hey texcadvette, Don't know if they have the system for the V. I guess it is ...
    Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Re: New Exhaust Install

Quote Originally Posted by Bikedude View Post
    Hey texcadvette, Don't know if they have the system for the V. I guess it is different than the regular V8. Call Corsa and ask for Jim Browning he's the man and a great guy and a certified "car guy". Tell him you know Bill Wisch, with the 95 Impala SS, and the STS V8. He'll get back to you for sure, and he may sell you a set to fit your needs.

Make sure you ask for Jim Browning JR, he gave us a tour of his shop on a Saturday when I hosted a Cadillac GTG in Cleveland. He is a great guy and will likely set you right on a new exhaust. Mine will go on this weekend.

F

From what I understand Borla and Corsa compete for the licensed products...apparantly Borla got the contract.

F

jdodman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS V (Then). 07 STS-V (Next), 11 CTS-V (Now)

Not sure who I spoke too at Corsa last week, but I did call (along with a few others I was told 'may' have one), I was told they did NOT have an exhaust for the STS V.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

C'mon Corsa, get with it. How hard can it be? Many of us would buy it if you make it.

How does the regular STS Corsa system sound on the V?

Im gonna drive over there today (to Corsa) and see Jim to get the straight scoop.

F

thefred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Im gonna drive over there today (to Corsa) and see Jim to get the straight scoop.

F
    Nice!

Fire and Ice is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

The Corsa Exhaust System made for the STS can be adapted to fit the STS-V. It sounds great and doesn't have the awful drone sound from inside the car. I would imagine a system made for the V series might have better CFM figures, but the one built for a regular STS seems to work just fine for now.

Quote Originally Posted by thefred View Post
    Nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fire and Ice View Post
    The Corsa Exhaust System made for the STS can be adapted to fit the STS-V. It sounds great and doesn't have the awful drone sound from inside the car. I would imagine a system made for the V series might have better CFM figures, but the one built for a regular STS seems to work just fine for now.
    Spoke with Jim, heres the dope...currently there is no STS-V specific exhaust available. They did a "one-off" for a customer so far, thats it. I was asked to gauge interest on how many folks would be willing to pay the dough to have a V specific exhaust...seeing as how we have a supercharger, we need more flow than the stock Corsa STS exhaust. I will post a poll on this page to get interest and if there are enough folks willing to pony up for it (he said it would be priced similar to the CTS-V exhaust - 1200 bux???) that he would begin to take measurements off my car for a winter development/mfg process.

So, get your butts up to the top of the page and lets see how many really want a Corsa exhaust for their STS-V's

F

Stealth111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2007 STS-V

Quote Originally Posted by WillySTS View Post
    I don't know if you guys know but, your friendly Cadillac dealer has a complete catback system for the STS-V thorugh GM Performance Parts
    part# 19157659 list price $1528.00.

Very nice system.
    I couldn't wait any longer, I just had the GM performance exhaust installed this morning on my sts-v.. I must say I was very impressed with the quality AND sound after the kit was assembled and installed on my car..... UNTIL... after a whole day of rompin around, I pulled up in my garage and noticed the distinct smell of melted plastic. knowing the new exhaust smell was done by mid day, I went to the back for a look... damnit all to hell if the exhaust hadn't MELTED the rear bumper cover in the rounded cut out area just above the place where the tips exit the back... I am so pissed... there is no fixing it... I am sooooo pissed right now........there WAS adequate space between the two. exhaust is still tight in place..now my baby will never be the same... I am wayyyy to anal about my stuff.. have to think about what to do now. nothing is a good solution... not even a new rear bumper cover will even come close to making me happy on this one, as it will still have to be painted, and seriously there is not even ANY body shop in my area that is worth a shit ...

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

That really sucks. What about making the cut-outs bigger? Other than a new cover it's really your only option..

Who did your install??? GMs aftermarket offering is a Borla exhaust.....Im not a fan of them...they tend to drone on the highway. Ill wait for Corsa. Ive had 3 of their systems, not one lick of drone at any speed.

F

hodgeee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 STS-V

I have switched back and forth many times about the exhaust. I installed the Gibson exhaust on mine, and love the roar of the V8 sound. Total modded corvette sound. My favorite is when I get off of work in the morning, and I work downtown, and going between the buildings where I hear the echo and sound of the system. Total muscle car. Everyone who has heard it says they love the sound! Does it drone, yes it does, anything under 2000rpms on the freeway and it gets pretty loud, but it is funny, if I turn on the radio just a bit, I can't hear the drone, unless I got 4 people in the car, then it drones louder. Now if I drive at 80 on the freeway like most of the time, can't even tell it is there, like I said anything over 2000rpms. So what I do now is just shift it down a gear if I got passengers.

I considered back and forth over the Corsa exhaust at $1150, or $950 from D3 since I got all the other stage 1.5 parts installed. I have decided even with the drone I love the sound of my exhaust, since it reminds me of my last two Corvettes, and when the weather is cool outside and the windows are open, I just step on it a bit, and I love the sound of the exhaust. I am keeping the Gibsons for now. What is surprizing is that the car is soo quite when stock, that when you do get a little drone it feels amplified becuase of how quite it was originally, but in comparison, my car drones less now than almost any other car I have put an exhaust on! I plan on the full stage 2 by Christmas time, and will go back to D3 for the install. I will have to hear one of the cars with the Corsa exhaust on it to see if it is worth the money. If it truelly kills all drone, and sounds close to as aggressive to mine, it will be worth it then, but I am not willing to loose my muscle car sound now. Everyone thinks I got a big block in the car, since most don't know anything about the V series caddies.

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    Who did your install??? GMs aftermarket offering is a Borla exhaust.....Im not a fan of them...they tend to drone on the highway. Ill wait for Corsa. Ive had 3 of their systems, not one lick of drone at any speed.

F
    We have that factory exhaust on the GM's demo and both he and our accesories manager say the GM exhaust is a B&B exhaust(Billy Boat).

On that car, the pipes are bigger, yes but it is even all around with no body contact. Our accesory installers are top notch and do give attention to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by WillySTS View Post
    We have that factory exhaust on the GM's demo and both he and our accesories manager say the GM exhaust is a B&B exhaust(Billy Boat).

On that car, the pipes are bigger, yes but it is even all around with no body contact. Our accesory installers are top notch and do give attention to detail.
    Dont you think that if BB made an aftermarket exhaust for the STS-V that they would market them to us? BB doesnt have the GM contract for STS-V aftermarket exhausts. Your acces. manager is wrong...the aftermarket product is a Borla. I got that right from the horses mouth, GMPP.

F

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Billy Boat is too loud for Caddy, no way they ever make them official suppliers.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.