A 07 CTS-V or A 07 STS-V?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, A 07 CTS-V or A 07 STS-V? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; I am going to buy a new car and I can decide between a 07 CTS-V or a STS-V... I ...
    jer8599 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

A 07 CTS-V or A 07 STS-V?

I am going to buy a new car and I can decide between a 07 CTS-V or a STS-V... I will be doing alot of traveling probably about 3000 a month or some.
    So I what something fast and that can handle but also something that has a good ride and everything. So please tell me what you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ

Re: A 07 CTS-V or A 07 STS-V?

for ground pounding fun the CTS-v is a good way to go BUT if you want the power of the CTS-V (and a bit more) but want a more civil ride for the long trips then the STS-V is for you. The STS-V has so many more comfort features than the CTS. Plus when pushed the STS-V handles very well and has a lot of get-up-and-go for those drag races.

Davidstan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jer8599 View Post
    I am going to buy a new car and I can decide between a 07 CTS-V or a STS-V... I will be doing alot of traveling probably about 3000 a month or some.
    So I what something fast and that can handle but also something that has a good ride and everything. So please tell me what you think?
    I have my 06 sts v w/ now 2880 miles priced at 52 900. Car is perfect. Save 12 000 on the sts v or pay cts v price for sts v luxury....in the classifieds or dstanford@bankofgeorgia.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ

Quote Originally Posted by Davidstan View Post
    I have my 06 sts v w/ now 2880 miles priced at 52 900. Car is perfect. Save 12 000 on the sts v or pay cts v price for sts v luxury....in the classifieds or dstanford@bankofgeorgia.com
    DO IT!! That's damn GOOD deal

caddyv8v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS-V FG2 & 07 SRX

that is a very good price. after owning both, my suggestion is to test drive each car, and then decide which is better for your needs/wants. all three v's deliver 0-60 under 5 seconds, and are great cars.

hodgeee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 STS-V

The performance of both of these cars are about identical in speed, after seeing both run at the track. The CTS will have a low speed handling advantage and will be easier to get around in since it is considerably smaller, plus if no traffic the stick is a lot more fun to play with. In my case the CTS was too small feeling. I like big cars and lots of room. The STS felt more solid in high speed sweepers, and on any long high speed drive, with a more forgiving suspension for the long haul. I just determines what you want and need. IF I didn't do so much long driving, and didn't have so much traffic to deal with, I would have gotten the CTS myself for the fun factor, and would have saved a lot of money, plus I could deal with the smaller size, but I love the crap out of the STS!

Davidstan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by hodgeee1 View Post
    The performance of both of these cars are about identical in speed, after seeing both run at the track. The CTS will have a low speed handling advantage and will be easier to get around in since it is considerably smaller, plus if no traffic the stick is a lot more fun to play with. In my case the CTS was too small feeling. I like big cars and lots of room. The STS felt more solid in high speed sweepers, and on any long high speed drive, with a more forgiving suspension for the long haul. I just determines what you want and need. IF I didn't do so much long driving, and didn't have so much traffic to deal with, I would have gotten the CTS myself for the fun factor, and would have saved a lot of money, plus I could deal with the smaller size, but I love the crap out of the STS!
    Uhhhhhh.....mine is still available and bottom is 52,000 before i give in and trade it in at the stealership. MSRP was 79,000 with the chromies. New pics in classifieds. http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadill...&cat=25&page=1

hodgeee1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2006 STS-V

Dude, What a DEAL, Buy his man, 2600 miles, you gotta be kidden me! I wish I would have bought yours!

11. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.