Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  jdodman 
#1 ·
Just swapped the 2004 CTS-V for a new (2007) STS -V. Loved the CTS-V, hope I have a good experience with the STS. I will be spending more time here from now on..

Anyway, couple things jump out after 100 miles.
1. The brake pedal seems too close to the gas. When I back off the gas my shoe catches the back right side of the brake.
2. Car has a tin rattle that sounds like it is coming from behind the speedometer. Almost sounds like a sheetmetal screw is sitting on op of a metal duct...Comes and goes, but that kind of suks...
3. Trim around the radio is cracked (no big deal there).
4. Got the black exterior / interior with tango red . Not sure I am going to like the red interior long term, but so far it is kind of cool...Throw back to the 70's. Back in the day, I had a black 1973 Monti Carlo with Red (cloth) interior.. Loved it but that was the 70's..
5. Car does not pull like the CTS (so far). When launching this car, what are the recommendations. I thought with the added horse power and the reduced wheel hop, it would pull like a freight train..

Other than the fact that I will also regret the black color (I already have a 1987 Buick Turbo Grand National) since they are so hard to keep clean, what else should I know ?

See less See more
#2 ·
Mine has 7600 miles on it and it pulls hard. I think they get faster as you break them in. Hit your TC button twice and put it into competitive mode. Hold down the TC button for aobut 7 seconds and it turns off TC and stabilitrac completely.
I also have the tango red and love it. It actually grows on you as time goes by.
Its pulling hard. It just doesn't feel like it because you can't hear it as much. Sit in the passengers seat and let someone stomp it. You'll feel it.
Get it customed tuned, I hear you canpick up 40hp with just a tune. I wouldn't know yet as I am waiting for the Stage 2 intake to be released. Then I'll get it tuned.

#4 ·
Just swapped the 2004 CTS-V for a new (2007) STS -V. Loved the CTS-V, hope I have a good experience with the STS. I will be spending more time here from now on..

1. The brake pedal seems too close to the gas. When I back off the gas my shoe catches the back right side of the brake.
2. Car has a tin rattle that sounds like it is coming from behind the speedometer. Almost sounds like a sheetmetal screw is sitting on op of a metal duct...Comes and goes, but that kind of suks...
4. Got the black exterior / interior with tango red . Not sure I am going to like the red interior long term, but so far it is kind of cool...Throw back to the 70's. Back in the day, I had a black 1973 Monti Carlo with Red (cloth) interior.. Loved it but that was the 70's..
5. Car does not pull like the CTS (so far). When launching this car, what are the recommendations. I thought with the added horse power and the reduced wheel hop, it would pull like a freight train..

Other than the fact that I will also regret the black color (I already have a 1987 Buick Turbo Grand National) since they are so hard to keep clean, what else should I know ?
i had the same problem with a loose screw behind the speedo. sounded like a screen vibrating, it only happened when i would accelerate or go over some rough roads. i brought it into the dealer and they fixed it in a day..plus i agree that it feels slower than the ctsv, but its really not!! i guess maybe being a bigger car it seems that way.

#5 ·

1. I notice this too when wearing shoes with wider soles. Just have to learn to live with it......which you do.

2. Take it to the dealer, they'll get it.

3. Same as #2

4. I love the two color interior, had the dealer had a tango one in stock I probably would have gotten that. I think over time you'll love it.

5. Oh, the car does pull like the CTS-V, maybe even a bit harder. It's just so refined that you cannot feel the speed, but look at the speedo and see how fast you are going. Also if you haven't done it yet, pop the transmission into sport mode (slide the gear shift to the right) and then try it again. The tranny shifts so much quicker (but harder).

Then just sit back and enjoy all the creature comforts the CTS-V doesn't have all the while still being able to kick the ass of most street cars out there. Good luck and enjoy the car.

#8 ·
Kaddanoy. I see we are neighbors. I also seem to remember you had the CTS-V. I live in Montgomeryville, PA..
Thanks for the feedback.

Joe

Very cool Joe. I used to run in the Montgomeryville area all the time. I don't get there much anymore but maybe we could meet for a beer sometime.

Funny, I just passed another Black Raven STS-V today (which I never ever see) here by my office in Malvern. I assume it was the second STS-V that my dealer had on the truck when mine arrived, i'll assume it wasn't you.

Joe, give the car a bit of time, you'll end up loving it. I personally loved it the second I got in it. To me, it fit me better with better seats, more leg room and the automatic for those grinding drives to work. That plus I still have 2 other GM muscle cars sitting around with sticks in case I get the needtoshiftolitis.

Do yourself a favor, get her up on the highway to about 60 mph, drop it in sport mode, then hammer it. Just watch the front of the car lurch up with all the power, then hang on. To me in the upper speeds it seems to pull a bit harder than the CTS-V, especially in the 4-5k band.

#7 ·
I have the tango red interior as well and absolutely LOVE it. I even went out of state to get a car with that color combination. It is kind of a "throwback", but in a thoroughly modern way. I love it because there is no other car that looks like it. I don't want what everyone else has, but hey... that's just me. That's why I bought an STS-V!

I, like you, miss the days when cars had all different colors of interiors (even two tone) and big plush seats. I've got a 78 Eldorado Biarritz with the red pillow leather seats which are just perfect for long trips and look stunning in that rich red color. I also have a 2002 Eldorado collectors series with the black and red two tone leather interior which is very beautiful.

The STS-V seats definitely are more sporty and hold you in place better than either of the two Eldos, but they are still comfortable on long trips.

Congratulations on your new acquisition, and welcome to the STS-V family!

#13 ·
The V is a great car.. I sell lots of them. I thought I would be selling more to the forum members on here...

The 2008 is sharp.

#14 ·
Trip down the Jersey shore was awesome...Car definatly has a very strong top end...I looked down several times and caught myself going 90+ mph and did not even know it. Rides like a slot car on the highway...Stomped it once or twice going 65 mph, and was surprised how quick she jumped up. I still have to get used to the quiet. My CTS had the Billy Boat Exhaust..

I also like the sound system over the CTS. Still not sure about the touch screen. Speaking of which, what do I use to clean my kids finger prints off the touch screen ? I found the Nav system a little confusing but I have yet to really read the owners manual and figure out all the little stuff like the Blue Tooth, Garage door openers, Nav system, etc.. It is not that intuitive (to me).

All in all, it is really a great car..So far, I am very pleased....Car put a smile on my face whan I walked away from it, and that is a good sign..

#15 ·
Trip down the Jersey shore was awesome...Car definatly has a very strong top end...I looked down several times and caught myself going 90+ mph and did not even know it. Rides like a slot car on the highway...Stomped it once or twice going 65 mph, and was surprised how quick she jumped up. I still have to get used to the quiet. My CTS had the Billy Boat Exhaust..

I also like the sound system over the CTS. Still not sure about the touch screen. Speaking of which, what do I use to clean my kids finger prints off the touch screen ? I found the Nav system a little confusing but I have yet to really read the owners manual and figure out all the little stuff like the Blue Tooth, Garage door openers, Nav system, etc.. It is not that intuitive (to me).

All in all, it is really a great car..So far, I am very pleased....Car put a smile on my face whan I walked away from it, and that is a good sign..
havent heard you say anything about the keyless start??? have to love that!! anyways be careful how you clean your navi screen..you dont want to scratch it..i use those little soft clothes that come with your sunglasses..

#16 ·
^^^^^^ Me too.

The nav does take some time, but after you get the hang of it I like it better. You can just tap the screen to pull up the menu and save a waypoint or destination point, that's awesome.

Bluetooth rocks, remote start rocks, automatic steering wheel adjustment rocks, radio controls on the wheel rock, hell the entire car rocks.

I'm glad you had a great trip!

#18 ·
I am a sucker for high performance 'add-ons' and already have a Buick Grand National for the race track on weekends. If what you are offering does not violate the warranty, I may be interested...I know with the CTS-V, my dealer said if I went past the cold air kit and Billy Boat exhaust, find someplace else..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.