2008 STS-V in Stock - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, 2008 STS-V in Stock in Cadillac V-Series Forums; oh my, NOT diggin that side vent...
    urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: 2008 STS-V in Stock

oh my, NOT diggin that side vent

XLRvman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 11 CTS Silver/Blk Coupe Prem AWD, 11 SRX Ice/Shale Perf FWD

Do not like it either, the side vent with the turn siginal next to it breaks up the flow of the car.

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Excellent pictures! Thank you for posting them!

It is hard to see the chrome accents on a silver car, but I think that it has chrome door handles if I am looking at it right. Does the V also have a chrome strip on the rocker panels?

Also, what are the extra buttons on the steering wheel? The prior ones had 4 buttons, this one has 6.

I'm torn on the fender vents. I like the idea of them and the way they look up close, but I agree that in this implementation they broke up the flow of the car somewhat.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

I am glad I got a 2007 STS-V.

I don't like the side vents. It breaks up the smooth sidelines of the car. I don't like the fact that they added aluminum inserts on the top of the interior's center stack which is nothing more than a glare blinder when the sun's position perfectly hits it. There you are driving along and BANG! Sun bounces off the aluminum and right into your eyes. I already have a problem with the sun glaring off the chrome shifter housing and now Cadillac added more.

I don't like the new steering wheel. I like the fact that my 2007 STS-V has a 1-6 preset button on the right side of the wheel, but I didn't or couldn't see it in the picture.

I do like the instrument cluster. Cadillac made it looks a bit more upscale, although I still think the STS should have nicer guages and more guages like the Corvette does.

I would like to see a picture of the new key FOB as well as a picture of what the HUD looks like when it is on.

Scott, can you also find out if the 2008 STS-V key FOB will work on the 2006-2007 STS-Vs? I may do the swap if it will work and if I like the 2008 key FOB.

Thanks for the pictures and for your support of this forum!

SG

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

vents + $1700 GGT =

mocts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6 SOLD!Now SAAB 9-3(me), CTS Wagon(mom), STS 3.6(dad)

superor cadillac i posted the pics from this thread on the gminsidenews.com forums and gave you credit. if you dont like that i can remove them

lbwd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 STS (181,000) Arnott Struts, 245/45/ZR18, 1" Drop -SOLD

Looks nice. Is it just me, or is fuel economy decreasing?
    The V's exterior is nice, but the interior and room isn't my taste.

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by mocts View Post
    superor cadillac i posted the pics from this thread on the gminsidenews.com forums and gave you credit. if you dont like that i can remove them

That is fine.

I was told the fob would work on the 2007.

I will post more pics tomorrow on the other parts on the car.

Buzz48317 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS AWD, 1SB, Nav, Chrome wheels and moonroof

Quote Originally Posted by Superior Cadillac View Post
    I was told the fob would work on the 2007.

I will post more pics tomorrow on the other parts on the car.
    Any chance that you can get a price on the FOB if any of us want to upgrade the 07 keys to 08 keys?

Thanks for the hard work Scott...the car looks amazing. Have you tried out the blind spot system and the lane departure system yet?

CadillacGurl is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Hyundai Elantra

I'd buy one of those in a heart beat if I had the money...

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    oh my, NOT diggin that side vent
    Overall, very nice looking car though. I'd definitely hit it.

ssstealth is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 94 Fleetwood TS

I was really looking forward to the side extractors, but after seeing them, I have to agree with some others that it may be just TOO much. You have those, the turn signals, the "V", the "Supercharged" and the "GM" badge all in the same area and NONE of them lining up in any kind of order. It just comes across messy.

I also notice that the wood ash tray door is lost in lieu of the wood strip on the passenger dash panel. There is also a chrome strip on the air vents.

Anyhow, THANKS for posting the pics... a real exclusive!

Buzz48317 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS AWD, 1SB, Nav, Chrome wheels and moonroof

All in all I really like the looks of the V. I really wish that Cadillac would do something to jazz the interior up a bit. I really think that carbon fiber instead of wood would go a long way to make the interior that this car deserves. Consequently, I think that the Z06 corvette is in desperate need of this sort of trim also.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Scott, thanks for the pics! You are the man.

My assesment? Thank god I got an 07. I don't like that they took the wood away from the top of the center stack and I hate the side vent, it's way over the top.

I think our 06/07 cars are just perfect the way they are.......except I would have liked chrome wheels, but that's a story for another day.

dhemrick is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Formerly 06 STS-V, now 13 XTS

Quote Originally Posted by ssstealth View Post
    I was really looking forward to the side extractors, but after seeing them, I have to agree with some others that it may be just TOO much. You have those, the turn signals, the "V", the "Supercharged" and the "GM" badge all in the same area and NONE of them lining up in any kind of order. It just comes across messy.
    I agree. I really have never liked the placement of the side marker turn signal on these cars (the 06-07) anyway nor the little "GM" badge placed out of line with the supercharged emblem. In fact, I have thought about moving the GM badge on mine to be in line with the supercharged V emblem or removing it altogether.

Just my opinion, but there is a beautiful line that goes from the rear of the car, sloping though the door handles and to the front wheel pretty near the existing side turn signal. If the side vent were moved down along this line and integrated with the side turn signal, the vent would work WITH the car and not against it. Of course, I'm the guy that also misses cornering lights, but that is a whole different topic. :-)

That said, though, this is a VERY sharp looking car and huge kudos to Superior for posting the pictures (so we "ungratefuls" can rip it to shreds LOL).

But, as the saying goes, "she may not be 100% perfect, but she's still a looker. I wouldn't kick 'er out of bed."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.