Has anyone installed tint on their STS-V? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Has anyone installed tint on their STS-V? in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Here in Chicago, Window tint is a no-no on the front side windows. I opted to go with 50% on ...
    VelocitySTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS V '06

Re: Has anyone installed tint on their STS-V?

Here in Chicago, Window tint is a no-no on the front side windows. I opted to go with 50% on those windows and 35% in the back though. I have a platnum car with black interior. It looks great!

With the black interior, it makes the tint appear a lot darker.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Quote Originally Posted by VelocitySTSV View Post
    Here in Chicago, Window tint is a no-no on the front side windows. I opted to go with 50% on those windows and 35% in the back though. I have a platnum car with black interior. It looks great!

With the black interior, it makes the tint appear a lot darker.
    If I do it, that's probably what I'll do. I assume you can still see in the windows pretty easily, that's in the law too.

LITTLEELVISDAN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V, 09 Escalade, 2011 Corvette conv GS LT4, 2005 EXT

Just got back from the tint place. They said there shouldn't be a problem with a metalic tint and the FM antenna. But I decided to go with the Ceramic tint as to ensure I have no problems. The difference between the two (besides ceramic tint being more expensive) is that ceramic tint does not reflect like a mirror as does the metallic tint. To see what I am talking about look at the factory tint on the back of a expedition or explorer. It looks dark but not like a mirror. the only reflection is the glass itself. Then look at a car that has had the windows tinted by a less expensive tint. It looks like a mirror reflection. I like the dark but natural look so I opted for the ceramic tint. Maybe you guys in states that are not allowed to have tint the ceramic tint might be a better option as it looks factory. I never really liked the " orange or silver sun glasses look" that most tinted cars have so I was very happy to see the duller/darker tints come out.

Bee iLL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 Raven Black STS-V, 2010 Radiant Silver SRX Premium 2.8T

I live in the windy city also but went with 20% all the way around. so far no problems with the po po. Its only a 25-35 dollar ticket around here anyways. Also most of the time no proof is needed that tint was removed either. Took pictures of my car before the tint was installed anyways just in case. Hopefully if it ever is needed I can use those. I figured if a cop is going to pull you over for window tint, he is going to pull you over for window tint, no matter how dark or light it is, so I decided to go with the uniform look. I think it looks better personally.

durilai is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac STS-V

I put 5% on the back sides and rear on my black 07 STS-V, which is perfect, makes the crhrome trim pop and still can see out from inside just fine. I am planning on doing 25-50% on the front sides, just debating on if it is worth the hassle in CA.

Just a note, to do it right you need to remove the back dash, which in turn requires the back seats to be removed. I would not allow the tint company to perform. Luckily my wife works for a Cadillac dealership so it was not much of an inconvenience.

gp56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 STS V

Getting 20% put all around tomorrow. Is the consensus that metallic tint is not affecting radio and nav in anyway?

I wouldn't go with Metallic. I went with ceramic which doesn't interfere at all. I think I remember reading in the normal STS forum that metallic does interfere with nav and radio reception. Do a search on tint in that forum.

txcadvette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V Black Raven, Light Gray

Mine is what they call "Carbon". 35/18 so that the rear window is pretty dark. I've used this combination in Texas on all my cars and never had an issue with antennas or Police.

I've attached some pics...

Also looks good on my '04 IBM GTO and '01 Red TA
    Attached Images

Actually now that you mention it, I looked at my paperwork and sure enough I have carbon also. I saw someone mention ceramic earlier in the thread and just assumed thats what I had without confirming. I had remembered it started with a c... anyways, I have also had no problems with anything. Carbon is the way to go.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Just had mine done. I did what they called "medium" which equated to about 17% in the ceramic. It looks good. Thanks all for the help.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.