Engine control module - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS-V Series Forum Discussion, Engine control module in Cadillac V-Series Forums; Originally Posted by Davidstan http://www.vectormotorsports.com/ Good questions. Try the above link and give them a call. They are pretty good ...
    Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Re: Engine control module

Quote Originally Posted by Davidstan View Post
    http://www.vectormotorsports.com/

Good questions. Try the above link and give them a call. They are pretty good at explaining the process. Their cost is 499.00 for the flash and i asked about a group discount but they said it was having trouble recouping the R/D
    cost as it is.
    R&D costs?, please. My best friend is a PCM tuner for a living...takes him about a day to figure things out. The majority of the time its fuel trim/tables that need adjustment. The other goodies are easily attainable (smoother, faster shift points, speed limiter removal, higher rev limit, etc.) So Vector is pulling your pud when they hem and haw about a GB. I bet they could get 10 jobs TODAY if they dropped their price to 349 or even 379. Hope theyre lurking.

F

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

BTW, the CST-V ECU was in front of the driver side tire. You had to get under the car and open up a little 'box' that housed the ECU. There was a 10mm bolt that kept it closed, but it wasnt a truly 'sealed' box, so all sorts of road debris and salt got in there. Once the bolt was removed you just slid the ECU out and detached the 2 harnesses that were there (red and blue).
    I havent found the ECU on the STS-V yet, Ill look it up on the GM-SI to see how they recommend removing it.

F

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

STS-V ECM is located underneath the air cleaner housing but don't access it from above. Do it from below, it is a lot easier.
    CTS-V is in a similar location, also accessed from underneath.

If the dealer reprograms the ECM whatever "tune" you have in it will be erased.
    There is no indicator to us that it has been reflashed with a tune, if you want to keep it make sure your dealer knows not to reprogram it without your foreknowledge.

Take the stuff off from underneath the car, I am not sure taking the wheelhouse trim out will get you there.
    I have one here in the shop, I'll look later and tell you if any of my advice needs to be "modified"

stephenstay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade, 2007 STS-V

Ah yes, from underneath the car. Well, at least I now know how to remove the air filter assembly

stephenstay is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac Escalade, 2007 STS-V

Well, I fought my way into the ecm. You can get to it from above if you take the air cleaner out and you'll find it hiding beneath the horns. One nut removes the horn bracket and you're there. I'm sure it is easier to get to it from below but I already had the filter assembly out ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.