Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Another Tune Option

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  CadV 
#1 ·
I just bought HP Tuner so I will be creating a tune for the STS-V. I have been using EFILive for a year and tuned my CTS-V with it. Unfortunately EFILive does not support the STS-V so I had to switch to HP Tuner.

You can purchase HP Tuner (www.hptuners.com) for 500 dollars and you get 8 credits. 8 credits allows you to tweak 4 GM cars (Each car usually costs 2 credits). Once you spend the 2 credits for the STS-V you can tweak it as many times as you want.

Once I finish my tune I will provide it to anyone that owns HP Tuner for free. If anyone already has a tune for the STS-V and is willing to share it for free PM me. We can all help each other out. Plus HP Tuner has a good forum and tune repository.

If there are any STS-V owners in the DFW area I will tune your car for 200. It costs me 100 for the license then 100 for the trouble.

The 500-700 dollars people are charging for tunes is a little high so I wanted to let people know of another option. This option gives you complete freedom.

#3 ·
Can you post up what I need to order? I would like the STS-V kit and also use it for my 6.0 Denali. I looked on their web site and was really confused as to what I needed to buy. Their web site didn't have any contact info to call them and ask either. SO if you already have yours can you post exactly what I need to order? I have a guy local to the Atlanta area that will do a dyno tune for me. Once I get the HP tune and get the tune I will share with you.

#7 ·
Can you post up what I need to order? I would like the STS-V kit and also use it for my 6.0 Denali. I looked on their web site and was really confused as to what I needed to buy. Their web site didn't have any contact info to call them and ask either. SO if you already have yours can you post exactly what I need to order? I have a guy local to the Atlanta area that will do a dyno tune for me. Once I get the HP tune and get the tune I will share with you.

When you buy HP Tuner you will get 8 GM credits. Most vehicles are 2 credits each.

Having a guy help you out will be good because the STS-V is so rare there is no help out there in creating a tune.

#4 ·
I filled out the information request web page in their "contact us" page. So we'll see what they say. I cringe when doing business with a company that doesn't put their contact phone number on their web page. It would be much easier calling them and saying "hey I have a STS-V and your web site doesn't list that car as a supported vehicle. Do you support it yet? YES Well then I would like to place an order for one right now. Here is my credit card number." 10 min at tops. BUT now it will take days to find out this info. and that's if they understand the question I typed the first time. UGH!!! Rant complete.........for now

#5 ·
Since I seem to be having a convo by myself I'll keep it going so I can maintain my sanity. HPTunres replied and said they do support the STS-V and supplied a phone number to give them a call for any other questions. I think I will call and order one up. I will be traveling off and on over the next week, so the dyno tune will have to wait until the middle of Aug.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<FOR THOSE WHO CARE>>>>>>>>>> :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.