gas warning light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, gas warning light in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi all, So i have been running my sts05 until its in the "low range" on miles screen, but a ...
    caddi2005sts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

gas warning light

Hi all, So i have been running my sts05 until its in the "low range" on miles screen, but a warning light or audio reminer has never came on. Anyone else expereience this, do i have it shut off some how???? Thanks.......

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cajonkev is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra

Re: gas warning light

As far as I know (without checking the manual) the only indicator is the aforementioned "low range" as displayed on the DIC everytime you start the vehicle.

There is a TSB for fuel starvation on 05's as well so you might check to make sure yours is not in need. I can speak from experience that running out of fuel at highway speed is no fun even though the system tells you there are a few gallons left...

Part of the price of the design in using saddle tanks without the best in cross-feeding...

STS2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

When I get very close to empty and am in the low range there is a picture of a fuel pump and "low fuel" text that comes on the display. I think It should come on with the low range indicator.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Never let it get that low. Fill up at 1/4 tank left.

Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V8, 1SF, Tusc Lthr, Adptv Cruise, 18" Chrm Whls

I found out the hard way. A month after I purchased my new STS, the "Low Fuel" came on and with my 98 STS, you could still go for some time before running out of gas. Not with the new one! I did run out of gas for the first time in my life! Very embarrassing... Now when that light comes on, I fuel up IMMEDIATELY!!

Max

LStasy003 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Does anyones gas "range" on the DIC ever stay steady? mines always jumping miles. One minute it could be at 67 miles and then it can go to like 80. Also my gas gauge moves too

Curious George is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Northstar STS 1SG, PHP, ACC/HUD '06 Redline CTS-V, FG2

I've never seen "Low Range" in the DIC, but I have seen "Fuel Level Low" accompanied by a chime. If Cadillac is truthing about fuel tank capacity and if the gas station's fuel pump is accurate, the low fuel warning comes on with about ONE gallon left. That's about 20 miles. That's NOT enough. In three other vehicles I own or recently owned, the low fuel warnings came on with three to four gallons left--50 to 100 miles remaining range. Cadillac should do the same.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.