Trouble with STS 06
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Trouble with STS 06 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have had an utter nightmare with my 06 STS. It has been in and out of the garage for ...
    macklobell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Angry Trouble with STS 06

I have had an utter nightmare with my 06 STS. It has been in and out of the garage for 3 weeks now...First the front pinion seal, then the rear differential seal, then the front pinion seal started again....The front pinion seal was replaced and continued to leak....The flange and pinion seal were replaced and the leaks stopped. Now the dual zone heat is not working and the entire radio system needs to be replaced since the Nav is not functioning properly...The voice recognition also doesn't function properly and my engine is making a loud noise on a cold start...Shouldn't this justify a repurchase or replacement...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Re: Trouble with STS 06

Is this RWD? V6 or V8?

8cyl 1SG AWD.....

Uria702 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Escalade black w/ navi

go back and demand a new car, dont take no for an answer, if an 06 is giving you this much problems the future isnt gonna too bright as far as ownership of that car goes.

ARTSBEST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS

Check the "lemon law" in your particular state. Usually this law centers around the 3"strikes" mind set. In which, if your car experiences the SAME problem 3X it's adios time.

bigdog9586 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

In a lot of state you only have the first year to file too. So better get going if it isn't to late.
    ===============
    Quote Originally Posted by ARTSBEST View Post
    Check the "lemon law" in your particular state. Usually this law centers around the 3"strikes" mind set. In which, if your car experiences the SAME problem 3X it's adios time.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by ARTSBEST View Post

ARTSBEST is RIGHT. Waste no time in calling your states' Attorney Generals office and get their pamphlet. And then GO TO YOUR DEALER AND TELL THEM YOU HAVE DONE THIS. Believe me, you'll get action.

NC STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V

This site seems to have a good overview of each state's lemon laws including information about how to proceed with a claim:

http://www.autosafety.org/lemonlaws.php

jgrade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V6

Was this a new car or a program?

New car...Still in service...It has been for 4 weeks....

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Lemon law in our state is if the car goes back for the same problem 3 or more times OR the car is out of service for 30 days it qualifies for a lemon. All must be within the first year of ownership.

Mine has been out of service more than 30 days....I really love the STS but hate what I am going through.....I believe that probelms should be addressed when they exist. Like the pinion seals and the differential leaks...I also think that an item like Navigation shouldn't be included if it doesn't work 100%. It is misleading and very frustrating for the customer who spends the extra money to get these advanced electronic components.

william1034 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

See my post in Wind noise & squeaking steering wheel.

The best advice is to use the arbitratin process thru the BBB. GM will fight you all the way. Once you get an arbitration date set they will re-evaluate their position. It is better to voluntarily buy back a car than have it tagged a "lemon" and have the law make them buy it back. All lemons must be labelled when they are re-sold.

The dealership claims that there is a new software update to address the poor voice recognition and bluetooth issues....The TSA is 05-08-126-001a...Does anyone know about this?...It is very hard for me to believe that a software upgrade will solve all these issues. This is a hardware issue....Anyways, I hope to get this updated on MOnday but in the meantime my car is being towed to the dealership since it started vibrating when going over 40mph today...The dealership thought it might be snow caught inside the 18" wheel wells but I cleared all 4 wheels out and it is even worse...It doesn't get any worse than this....

Heavy_Metal is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac STS4

I googled 05-08-126-001 and found a TSB from Feb 2005.This sounds like the reprogram that was applied to my car in the summer of 2005 to improved the outgoing voice quality of bluetooth. It changed some of the bluetooth functionality, but did not fix the problem that I had. It also wiped out all of my navigation settings.

I was told at that time that there would be another navigation reprogram available in October 2005 to fix the voice recognition. I have never been notified about this second update and when I ask about it I get the "no solution at this time" response. This is a big loose end for me because I still donít want to spend a lot of time organizing my navigation marked points just to have them wiped out when they try to fix the voice recognition. I would really like to know if and when this second reprogram will be available to fix voice recognition and really fix the bluetooth outgoing voice quality. I canít get an answer from the dealership.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.