Improvements for '08 STS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Improvements for '08 STS? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; With the announcement of the changes for the '08 CTS I would expect the STS to get a 6 speed ...
    peccles is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Improvements for '08 STS?

With the announcement of the changes for the '08 CTS I would expect the STS to get a 6 speed automatic for the V6. I would think the iPod integration would make it too. I wonder if the 300 HP DI 3.6L will be made available for the STS. Might be too close in HP/TQ to the Northstar. There is a 275HP version of the 3.6L in the '07 Saturn Outlook.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Re: Improvements for '08 STS?

Hello,
    Just got back from Detroit. It would certainly appear that all the attention is geared towards the new CTS and will be for the next few years. They had an STS there, but nothing was mentioned in regards to possible new motors or improvements....
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by peccles View Post
    With the announcement of the changes for the '08 CTS I would expect the STS to get a 6 speed automatic for the V6. I would think the iPod integration would make it too. I wonder if the 300 HP DI 3.6L will be made available for the STS. Might be too close in HP/TQ to the Northstar. There is a 275HP version of the 3.6L in the '07 Saturn Outlook.

Anthony Cipriano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Escalade

Damn. I hope we at least get the SLS's interior. That's all I'm waiting on.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

I suspect before the end of the decade, the STS will the SLS interior and CTS grille. Its odd, since the STS, being the high-tech showcase for Cadillac, is last to get new features.

06STSgirl is offline Cadillac Owners Member

For me, I would like to see the STS get a new interior most of all. It can be from the SLS, CTS, hell it can even be from the '08 Malibu for all I care. There just is absolutely no storage space inside the current car. The glove box is a poorly-designed joke that only has enough space to hold the owners manual that came in it. Smaller a-pillar blind spots would be a god-send. Improved ride quality on models with Magnetic Ride Control. Dump the DOHC Northstars for engines with better/more peak torque. Highway passing power is liesurely IMO. Nothing but noise at near full-throttle from around 65+ MPH and very little "go". Throttle response seems delayed too. When you press the accelerator from a stand-still there seems to be a very slight pause before you actually take off. I still haven't gotton used to that. Overall, I'm ready to trade mine in now after only 1 year. But I wouldn't mind the new CTS with the 3.6L DI engine if GM doesn't update the STS for '08, but it would have to be a "serious" update.

malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

Interriro definately could use some help. I would like to see the center console stack narrowed and beveled on the edges. I find it very confining and hate resting my right knee on the edge of that monster. I have never felt so cramped in a car of this size.

ARTSBEST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS

Anyone read what the mileage is going to be on the 08' CTS V-6 300HP engine? I still think Cadillac is cannibalizing the sales of the STS by improving the style and horsepower on this new 08' model w/o making any substantive changes on the STS. Just my $.02 as always.

Drivenow is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Any news on the Platinum Edition STS -- I've seen pix -- http://www.topspeed.com/cars/cadilla...m-ar16871.html --

How about a sport package with more color key accents like the SRX and CTS sport packages

bhoppes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Cadillac Brougham 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS

I just sat in a used STS today and I have a 2003 Seville and I have to say I like my 2003 better. My cabin is roomier and I cannot believe the console that they put in the 2006 along with the glovebox. I was going to test drive it but I know I already like my other one better. I am just going to wait for the next interior design which needs to be a major one considering the sales for the STS are falling. GM already has some significant saving on the 07 models, which is not good. I know it has been said and I will say it again but what the STS needs is the interior from the China SLS, and then you can bet I will be buying a NEW one.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

I believe you will find that 2009 will be the last year for the STS as we know it. A new Zeta platform car will be out by 2010 to replace both it and the DTS. The new '08 CTS is very close to the STS in size, and many feel the interior is far better. STS sales have been very poor, around 25,000 last year. The new CTS will most likely drive them even lower. And while I agree that it needs the Chinese SLS interior and a refreshed nose and tail, I have to wonder in GM would invest that kind of money on a car who's replacement is 26-28 months away.

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bhoppes View Post
    I just sat in a used STS today and I have a 2003 Seville and I have to say I like my 2003 better. My cabin is roomier and I cannot believe the console that they put in the 2006 along with the glovebox. I was going to test drive it but I know I already like my other one better. I am just going to wait for the next interior design which needs to be a major one considering the sales for the STS are falling. GM already has some significant saving on the 07 models, which is not good. I know it has been said and I will say it again but what the STS needs is the interior from the China SLS, and then you can bet I will be buying a NEW one.

I have a 1998 Seville and I agree. the interior from that generation('98-'04) was one of the best Cadillac and GM ever did. And equal or superior to cars costing much more!

WillySTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): none

We had our '99 STS and our new STS-V at the same time for about 2 weeks before I sold the '99. It had farrrr more storage space and compartments and more passenger room and a few features that are no longer offered. Quite honestly, if it weren't for the POWER of the V,and the want of a Nav and Bluetooth in the car(my voice command works ok, but I'm not a fan of it anyway, and my Bluetooth works phenominal on both mine and my wifes Motorola Razors by the way), I would not have bought a new car, which is to say I would not have bought a regular STS to replace my '99 STS.

bhoppes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1989 Cadillac Brougham 2003 Cadillac Seville SLS

I plan to keep my 2003 until GM decides to do an interior update on the STS. Even though I must say, now that I have seen the new CTS I may go with one of those, if there is the same amount of room and storage space in the car. One of the features I would greatly miss with the current generation STS that my 2003 has is the trunk. When my hands are full, all I have to do is push the trunk button on my key fob and the trunk goes all the way up. On the new STS all it does it "pop" open so you can open it yourself. I am a die hard GM fan but I think they really screwed up on the new STS compared to the old model it replaced.

TAMPASRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS 1SF

Quote Originally Posted by Drivenow View Post
    Any news on the Platinum Edition STS -- I've seen pix -- http://www.topspeed.com/cars/cadilla...m-ar16871.html --
    GM released pricing for the Platinum package at $6500-$7500 depnding on which package... 1SC, 1SF or 1SG

macklobell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

They should try putting a whole new Navigation/VR/Bluetooth system in...The current one is flawed and useless....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.