Improvements for '08 STS? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Improvements for '08 STS? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ^^^^^ Why. Mine works great....
    Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Re: Improvements for '08 STS?

^^^^^ Why. Mine works great.

macklobell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

It could be that they improved on the 2007 model....Mine doesn't recognize half of the commands....I Would hope for an $80K car that it does work....Does yours recognize 100% of the voice commands?

I have not tried 100% of the voice commands, but still you seem to be saying the entire unit is crap because it may not recognize a few voice commands? Voice command is one of the hardest things to get right since everyones voice is different.

I will tell you that the CTS guys would DIE for our bluetooth and nav system and you think is sucks. To each his own. Again, mine works great and I have no complaints.

NC STS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '10 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    I will tell you that the CTS guys would DIE for our bluetooth and nav system and you think is sucks. To each his own. Again, mine works great and I have no complaints.
    I agree! While it doesn't work as well as I'd like (especially at highway speeds), it is better than what I had in the CTS-V (nothing).

I guess it just depends on your expectations. I think a lot of people wouldn't mind as much about VC not working well if the NAV and BT functions weren't locked out while driving. Even if it recognized every command first time, it would still be faster to use the touch screen and you wouldn't have your music interrupted every time.

Hopefully Coastal Tech will work out the gliches in their device so we can get the NAV/BT functions unlocked:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...gation-20.html

They lock the nav and BT buttons for a reason and I don't expect Cadillac will EVER unlock them. Too much liability on their part and I really can't blame them. I have seen so many ridiculous law suits out there that companies now have to protect people from their own stupidity. This is just one example of such.

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

there will be some changes.. GM has not announced them yet..

evaccaro is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Most may disagree with me on this but I would be happy if they had just implemented the BlueTooth Voice Response part of the spec so that I could use the voice commands on my Motorola RAZR. THAT is really the only thing I find annoying. Watching a DVD while driving is dangerous, distracting, and irresponsible. Even talking on the phone should be limited.

Curious George is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 Northstar STS 1SG, PHP, ACC/HUD '06 Redline CTS-V, FG2

Cadillac is going to have to do something for the '08 Northstar STS. The new Direct Injection V6 in the '08 CTS puts out 300 HP to our Northstar's 320 HP. The '08 CTS will weigh 400-500 lbs less than the STS and, with the DI motor, will be able to run rings around the STS. Likewise, the DI V6 will likely be offered in the STS, so that the V6 STS will have only a 20 HP disadvantage to the Northstar STS. UNLESS the Northstar gets DI too, in which case 375 HP is possible. ("375" does have a nice ring to it.) If the rear suspension and the rest of the drive train are not up to 375 HP, then selected V components could be fitted. And then there is the tantalizing prospect of DI in the STS-V. Pressurized motors benefit even more from Direct Injection than do atmospheric motors. How does 550 HP sound?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.