Automatic Level Control
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Automatic Level Control in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; PLEASE!!! SOMEONE HELP!!!! This is driving me batty! I cannot for the life of me to get my ALC compressor ...
    Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V8, 1SF, Tusc Lthr, Adptv Cruise, 18" Chrm Whls

Automatic Level Control

PLEASE!!! SOMEONE HELP!!!! This is driving me batty! I cannot for the life of me to get my ALC compressor to come on. Does ANYONE know if theirs comes on? It is supposed to come on 30 seconds after the vehicle is started for the air replenishment cycle and then as needed when weight is added to the vehicle but it does not come on, or I have not heard it. It does not come after I start the car or when weight is added. Someone had mentioned that the car had an automatic system that leveled itself without a compressor but instead with a system that is integral in the shock but that is not the case. I got an 06 STS factory manual and it does say that my car has the compressor system and should work like I mentioned but does not. I even found where the compressor is located underneath the car with the air lines going to the shocks so I know the car has it. The last time I took it in for service, I had the dealership check out the system and they said it worked fine, which I suspect is incorrect. I briefly spoke to the tech and he said he checked it out with the TECH II and it worked fine but maybe it doesn't work properly normally. Again, has anyone ever heard their compressor come on?

Thanks,

Max

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jhschlak is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS 3.6 DI

Re: Automatic Level Control

I hear mine come on every time after I close the trunk. Whether I put anything in there or not.
    -Jeff

Skibanker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Maximln View Post
    PLEASE!!! SOMEONE HELP!!!! This is driving me batty! I cannot for the life of me to get my ALC compressor to come on. Does ANYONE know if theirs comes on? It is supposed to come on 30 seconds after the vehicle is started for the air replenishment cycle and then as needed when weight is added to the vehicle but it does not come on, or I have not heard it. It does not come after I start the car or when weight is added. Someone had mentioned that the car had an automatic system that leveled itself without a compressor but instead with a system that is integral in the shock but that is not the case. I got an 06 STS factory manual and it does say that my car has the compressor system and should work like I mentioned but does not. I even found where the compressor is located underneath the car with the air lines going to the shocks so I know the car has it. The last time I took it in for service, I had the dealership check out the system and they said it worked fine, which I suspect is incorrect. I briefly spoke to the tech and he said he checked it out with the TECH II and it worked fine but maybe it doesn't work properly normally. Again, has anyone ever heard their compressor come on?

Thanks,

Max
    Max, try opening the trunk and sitting on the trunk frame. If you sit there for a minute or two watch over a fender or some fixed part of the car and you'll see that the car is indeed rising.

Believe me, I've done that and NOTHING happens. I don't hear anything, see anything or feel my feet lifting off the ground. If you guys do indeed hear your compressor, there must be something wrong with mine then.

Max

Skibanker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Maximln View Post
    Believe me, I've done that and NOTHING happens. I don't hear anything, see anything or feel my feet lifting off the ground. If you guys do indeed hear your compressor, there must be something wrong with mine then.

Max
    Try again, Max. The movement is VERY subtle. You won't feel yourself rising or your feet moving. The only way I can tell is by looking past the fender to some fixed mark on the garage floor or wall for a minute or two. The car will SLOWLY rise.

But do you hear your compressor come on?

Thanks,

Max

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.