I love my STS and i'm NOT planning to sell it...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, I love my STS and i'm NOT planning to sell it... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have no idea why I'm posting such thing but... i noticed many posts are freaky... if i was planning ...
    ascariSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS V8 RWD - Black Raven/Cashmere - no ACC

I love my STS and i'm NOT planning to sell it...

I have no idea why I'm posting such thing but... i noticed many posts are freaky... if i was planning to buy one and passed by this forum, i will freak out and cancel...

STS is a good car... great bang for the buck... Gorgeous, stunning, powerful, agile, well handled, stable, .... etc.

I was dreaming to have a car with such features for half price of the 7-series... mp3, A/V jack, 6 DVD CHANGER (only 3 cars in the world I believe have DVD changer), Bose sound system with 15 speakers... etc.

what else compared to same price cars... chrome wheels... remote start... thanks... one of the best features...

Power, agility and handling... More than I expected... escpecially in performance mode... and that northstar sound is music to my ear

eye catching... people keep staring... some come asking me what kind of car it is... fits most poeple ages... looks sporty...

VR is good... i'm having a little trouble with it but i'm getting it to understand most of what i say... a friend of mine has a 7-series... he is having same troubles... it's not about cadillac's VR

it has some areas need to be improved though...

1. the Mic used for VR and phone calls is located under the center mirror... far from the driver, and far from the passenger... that why I have trouble with people hearing me over the bluetooth... if we take a look at the 7-series for instance... it has 2 microphones.... located close to the sun roof... one is exactly above the drivers head and the other one is above the passenger's...

2. interface is slow... getting from a menu to another is slow... boring sometimes...

3. memory buttons and phone dial pad.... they need to get out of the screen... we were happy with physical memory buttons... that was MUCH easier... phone dial pad... why do I have to go to another menu to dial a number... more over why do i have to go to the phone menu JUST TO HANG UP... see the dial pad of the new S-class.... innovative...

4. interior material... !!

5. front park sensors is not a bad idea... rear camera too

I think that's it...

Other than this.... this car is one of the best i've ever driven... Best i've ever owned... proud of it... not planning to sell it or replace it...

This is my first Cadillac... and i might "stick" to Cadillacs the rest of my life...

Thanks Cadillac ....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ARTSBEST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS

Re: I love my STS and i'm NOT planning to sell it...

Nobody here would disagree with your assessment of the STS and all of its grandeur. UNTIL, you try to either sell/trade it in. Then things get real ugly real quick-like. It's called taking a bath.

I don't really care about selling price... usually I keep my cars for 4 to 5 years.. then I don't care if i sell it for 5k or 20k... that's what exactly happened with my previous cars...

06STSAWD is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I love mine too. We have two in the household, '06 RWD in pearl white, and an '06 AWD infared, both on lease. I've been a sales consultant for 3 years now. If you're going to keep a car 2-4 years, lease it. If you're going to keep the car/truck longer, then buy it. It will cost you less in the short term to lease, almost no matter what car/truck you're considering. The exceptions are rare.

~ Joe

ARTSBEST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS

It will cost you less in the short term to lease. Possible, but ONLY if you're deducting the unit on a business tax sheet.

Benjamin Simon is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS V8 1SG with ACC, 99 STS (Sold), 06 CL500 (Wifes)

Buy slightly used and it will be cheaper than any lease or purchase. I saw a 2005 STS V8 1SG with ACC with 20K miles for $27.5K on autotrader... 6 more months for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin Simon View Post
    Buy slightly used and it will be cheaper than any lease or purchase. I saw a 2005 STS V8 1SG with ACC with 20K miles for $27.5K on autotrader... 6 more months for me...

Hehe totally agree...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.