Floor Liners
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Floor Liners in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone make the floor liners for the STS? I have found floor mats but not the liners. I need ...
    bigdog9586 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Floor Liners

Does anyone make the floor liners for the STS? I have found floor mats but not the liners. I need something that will keep the snow and other crap off the carpet this coming winter. If no one does what would be the best mat that covers the most area be?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: Floor Liners

I've found that storing the carpeted mats and installing rubber mats for the winter is the best way to keep the interior looking good. I bought the Cadillac winter mats for my SRX and they look like they will be great. The all-season floor mats listed for the STS look to be the same product:

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/...=sts&year=2007

Aurora5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 Blackberry 2004 CTS 3.6 Loaded

You can buy clear mats that they sell for hallways by the foot at Home Depot and cut to fit. I use that on both sides of the Driver and Passenger foot areas.

One problem with flat carpet liners is that they don't hold any liquid that drips off your boots. It all runs off the liners, on to your carpet, and leaves stains. The ridged rubber winter mats trap the liquid so it can evaporate or you can carefully dump them out.

I just ordered the Weathertechs for the front in the tan as I have the light interior so they should match pretty well.

Does Weathertech make custom fitted mats for the SRX now? When I had my CTS, I got a set of Weathertechs, but they were "close fits" at best. The rears required trimming and the fronts tended to shift.

Just checked the site and they have the floor liners for the SRX which are the ones that are molded to fix the floor area and are a huge step up from the mats that I'm getting. I emailed them and there are no plans on liners at this time for the STS.
    ======================
    Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    Does Weathertech make custom fitted mats for the SRX now? When I had my CTS, I got a set of Weathertechs, but they were "close fits" at best. The rears required trimming and the fronts tended to shift.

Aurora5000 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 Blackberry 2004 CTS 3.6 Loaded

c5,
    I use the floor liners on the bottom and set my rubber mats on top. That way you still catch the drippings AND protect both sides where the mats DO NOT cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora5000 View Post
    c5,
    I use the floor liners on the bottom and set my rubber mats on top. That way you still catch the drippings AND protect both sides where the mats DO NOT cover.
    That's not a bad idea. The generic Weathertechs left too much area uncovered (as evidenced by the salt stains that wouldn't come out of the carpet on my CTS.) Also, some of the custom-fit molded liners that don't have baffles to contain the water let it slop out around the edges. The Huskyliners I have in my trucks have done this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.