AWD STS4 transmission software fix
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, AWD STS4 transmission software fix in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; My STS4 now shifts like a cadillac is supposed to, and like the eight ones I have had before. No ...
    tedasaurus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1981 Fleetwood, 1994 Fleetwood

AWD STS4 transmission software fix

My STS4 now shifts like a cadillac is supposed to, and like the eight ones I have had before. No more engine surging, rpms bouncing, and indecision when shifting. I cannot express how much better the car drives now. It is night and day difference that the silly dealer could not recognize, I am the one who found and brought them the TSB below and FORCED them to do it.

Anyway Technical Service Bulletin #10017146 will fix your car. The official verbal description from the NHTSA is: TCC surge, shudder, chuggle on light load just after torque converter engagement. Hope this helps those of yoiu who have encountered the same problem.

MODERATOR NOTE: 3456D is the correct TSB number. -Jesda

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: AWD fix finally, for suffering STS4 owners!

cool!
    lol is chuggle even a word?

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    cool!
    lol is chuggle even a word?
    I always get a giggle out of chuggle. Looked up chuggle and dictionary.com has no mention of it. Even the dealer was laughing at the use of the word chuggle. What a chuckle!

RichF59 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado ETC (Z); 2006 STS V8 AWD (1SG)

I've been experiencing this problem with my 2006 AWD V8 STS (my 2004 SRX AWD V8 also had same problem). I was thrilled when I read this post identifying a cure in the form of a TSB. Called my dealer, he has no record of the TSB. Called Cadillac Customer Service (1-800-458-8006). THey also have no record of this TSB. How can I have the dealer address the problem if they have no record of this TSB? I referenced this web site, but they don't acknowledge non GM websites (of course). Any suggestions? I would really love to have this taken care of.

Thanks,

Rich

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

It is not the bulletin number. It is the sequence number, whatever that means.

http://tinyurl.com/yzfhev

and

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Cadilla...003/tsbs.shtml

RichF59 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado ETC (Z); 2006 STS V8 AWD (1SG)

I found the TSB on the NHTSA website

www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov

Called Cadillac again, got the same answer. They can't do anything until they issue their own TSB. I would love to know how tedasaurus got Cadillac to fix his.

allen65 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Brought the car into Cadillac today. They applied the fix and the car is now shifting great. It's like a new transmission. Here are the specifics per the tran. tech that worked on my car.

Applied TSB#3456D TCC Int. Chuggle. Doc#1866746. Reprogram TCM, re-test. Ok. This code update was release on 10/12 and this is revision 'D'. The notes specifically address STS4's.

We went for a ride together and this is what we noticed. The torque converter now disengages during deacceleration instead of staying engaged causing the chuggle when accerating(I love that word). Also, the torque converter does not engage on acceleration as early as before. This produces smooth acceleration and shifts. This work was done at Patrick Cadillac in Schaumburg, IL.

I hope this helps identify the fix for everyone. Just have them lookup TSB# 3456D.

Fred_Mac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by tedasaurus View Post
    Technical Service Bulletin #10017146 will fix your car. The official verbal description from the NHTSA is: TCC surge, shudder, chuggle on light load just after torque converter engagement. Hope this helps those of yoiu who have encountered the same problem.
    Do you have any other TSB number for this issue. I called my dealer and gave his the 10017146 and he could not find. He also stated it is not in the correct format for a GM TSB.

The TSB#3456D is the GM number. I watched him pull it up on the computer. You can also search on the document number listed. If all else fails have the technician (not the service advisor) look under the TCC sub heading and search for chuggle. It is in the GM system with a release date of 10/12.

Hope that helps.

Allen

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Somebody else confirm TSB#3456D and I will edit the OP and title to reflect this

dimitri_010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

hey allen65, u from schaumburg? I recently bought a 2006 SRX from patrick cadillac.

West Elgin actually but I find the service at Partrick Cadillac to be better than St. Charles. Patrick seems to have really good technicians that figure out hard problems. Most of the time when I get a loaner it is an SRX. I am really impressed. Handles nice, gets good mileage and can carry a decent amount of stuff.

Fred_Mac is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS 1SG

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    Somebody else confirm TSB#3456D and I will edit the OP and title to reflect this
    I gave my service manager both 3456D & 10017146 and he could not find either one. He also said neither is in the correct format for a GM TSB.

I hope somebody can locate the correct information ...

First of all it is the correct information. TSB3456 is in the system. All I can say is that the service managers have no clue. You must talk to one of the transmission technicians. He pulled up the TSB with no problem and the service writer could not. However, if you search on the word chuggle you will find the information that way as well. Please do not use the 10017146 sequence number, this means nothing to GM. I saw him pull it up on the computer myself so I know it exists. However, I don't know what menus he was under. I know the heading was TCC. I would also suggest calling different dealerships until you find one who will make the proper effort. The first dealer by my house I called said there was no such thing and basically said sorry in 2 minutes.

Wow, I haven't checked on this thread for awhile and didn't realize all the problems people were having with finding the TSB number. All I can say is that Sewell Cadillac in Dallas never mentioned not being able to find the TSB with the number I provided. They even joked about the word chuggle and asked me if I really wanted to download something they felt was not needed. They did it to the car at my request, tested it before and after and said they could feel no difference. I drove it and was flat blown away at the improvement within less than a mile. Go figure. Feel free to call Sewell Cadillac in Dallas as they are very customer driven 214 350-2000 and I am always pleased in the end with their attention to detail.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.