"Incentiveless"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, "Incentiveless" in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Don't know what GM is thinking here offering virtually NOTHING in the way of incentives on the STS. Obviously, GM ...
    ARTSBEST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS

"Incentiveless"

Don't know what GM is thinking here offering virtually NOTHING in the way of incentives on the STS. Obviously, GM couldn't care less about the dealers dissatisfaction with their incentives program.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

Re: "Incentiveless"

You're right. I don't see any on the cadillac or gmbuypower websites. I wouldn't be surprised if there were some unpublished lease incentives. My dealer lists the following, though I don't know if they are current:

Specials-New Capitol Cadillac Lansing MI

corvette00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Escalade Luxury, 2000 Corvette

I checked the lease on an 07 yesterday and was told the STS has $2,500 on it and a high residual. The problem is the lease interest rate is also high. Cadillac is going to have to sharpen their pencil if I am going to stay a customer. I would expect December to have some good programs

Now I see Edmunds is posting the SAME OLD $3K rebate. Marketing Support
    $3000Cash to Dealerstart: 10/03/2006 end: 01/02/2007Get Dealer PricingRestrictionsNone.CommentsDealer participation may vary. Incentives and Rebates are provided subject to the terms of our Visitor
    Clearly NOT ENOUGH to rid the delers lots of new 06' STS's. For, earlier this year they were $7K.

Skibanker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Clearly, GM is attempting to make good on it's promise to wean us off rebates. By the way, I do carry a GM Mastercard and I got a postcard in the mail today offering to add $1000 to whatever GM points I had for the purchase of a new car through mid November.

Clearly, GM is attempting to make good on it's promise to wean us off rebates. I agree but ego's don't get it when the dealers have many of these high priced units just sitting there for months now, all the while the 07's are arriving. I think it's safe to say GM doesn't give a hoot about its dealer networks.

Can't agree with that, Art. Of course GM cares about it's dealer network. How else would it sell cars? The only issue that counts is that GM is leaking money like a sieve doing business the old fashioned way and if it doesn't find a new business model soon, we'll be comparing it to Studebaker in the not too distant future. Then we'll all be driving Toyotas. Continuing to do things the old way guarantees failure. Wasn't it Einstein that defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over the same way yet expecting the outcome to change? GM needs to change to survive and they're trying just that. I sure wish 'em luck. I don't happen to like Toyotas.

Changing their business model is too general skibanker IMHO. I was at a Cadillac dealer last week and they had no less than 9 06' STS's on inventory. The GM told me he was LIVID with GM. GM is cutting everything from special financing kickbacks to higher part supplies costs. So anyone w/o a warranty is in for the shock of their life if any problems arise with their Cadillac. NOT exactly consumer friendly business decisions. As for the cars on his lot? He just shrugged his shoulders and said HIGHER cash incentives will have to be paid out.

One last comment. They call it "selling cars" because that's what the business is, "sales". If dealers want to be order takers, they better find another line of work. Sorry, I happen to be a sales manager and don't take well to salesmen whining about how it's always someone elses fault they can't meet their quotas. If this dealer has 9 STS's on the lot, he better figure out a way to get them sold, other than blaming the guy whose job it is to manufacture the cars. It's his job to sell. GM must change the way they do business in a major way if they are to survive.
    I have a relative with a high school education making $150,000 plus benefits working the line at Ford. And people wonder why American car manufacturers are in trouble.

Benjamin Simon is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS V8 1SG with ACC, 99 STS (Sold), 06 CL500 (Wifes)

150K plus benefits????? umm... he must do something very special. My father works for GM and he makes nothing like that.
    American manufacturers are in trouble becuase the Japs make some good things.

150K plus benefits????? umm... he must do something very special. I don't think there's a snow balls chance in hell a line worker making that kind of money IMHO.

Yeah, you guys are right. I get my jollies telling lies on forums. What a hoot!!

The guy puts in an enormous number of overtime hours and works his time so that he gets all the double time and triple time shifts available. He's in maintenance so when he's called in on his off days, he needs to stay just long enough to fix whatever broke, then he can go home while earning that full day's pay. So, on a triple time situation, he can work two hours and get paid for three days.
    Believe it or don't. This is the last time I write anything here.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

UAW skilled trades often make over $100K per year with overtime. $150K is not out of the question. However, if the plant eliminates overtime, they will probably drop to about $50 - $75K.

Quote Originally Posted by c5 rv View Post
    UAW skilled trades often make over $100K per year with overtime. $150K is not out of the question. However, if the plant eliminates overtime, they will probably drop to about $50 - $75K.
    Funny thing. Since Ford offered the early retirement deal, too many guys at his plant took them up on the offer. So, now they're short of workers and this guy is working more overtime hours than ever. Probably costing the plant much more in the short run.

figgie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

just an FYI as i did not see it posted on here

$2145 rebate on ALL cadillacs to include the STS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.