"Incentiveless" - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, "Incentiveless" in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Interesting thread-when i went to trade in my 05 STS in August,the salesman basically told me,no incentives available for a ...
    jamrock62 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: "Incentiveless"

Interesting thread-when i went to trade in my 05 STS in August,the salesman basically told me,no incentives available for a new 06(take it or leave it)so I left it and bought E350. Would love to support American automakers,but if I'm going to pay full price-there are a lot more options on the table.

Cuhulin is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Some salesman!

Even without GM incentives, dealers have room to bargain. Either the salesman is dumb or the sales manager is dumber in not allowing negotiations.

figgie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Cuhulin View Post
    Some salesman!

Even without GM incentives, dealers have room to bargain. Either the salesman is dumb or the sales manager is dumber in not allowing negotiations.

oh no it is not dumb. I can guarantee you that some people do infact pay MSRP (profit margin of nearly 15%). that why they try that first.

mine got away with a profit of 5.4%

ARTSBEST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS

I think 5.4% is about normal for just about any vehicle anymore is it not? Don't most dealers just shoot for the holdback?

Benjamin Simon is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 STS V8 1SG with ACC, 99 STS (Sold), 06 CL500 (Wifes)

Were I sell at, if they demand a lower price, we are happy with holdback. Now on the esclades... We get much closer to the MSRP. We are still trying to get ride of some of the 06 DTS. We can not give those "F"ers away. Lucky we also sell chevy and those are doing well.

Murphyg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Skibanker View Post
    Yeah, you guys are right. I get my jollies telling lies on forums. What a hoot!!
    So is he a line worker or does he work in the Maintanance department ?

How old is this friend of yours and how long has he been working there ?
    If he only has a high school education and is working in maintanance without any kind of millright papers etc... then he must be a looong time employee.

Believe it or not ?
    Not.

Sure the union is good for the double, triple, etc time.
    But three days pay for "just long enough to fix whatever broke" is streching it.
    No union pays full day for comin in for 10 mins, (just long enough), to change a light bulb.
    Best bet is min of 4 hours. And at triple time that is only 12 hours pay not 3 days. If he stays longer then that, then thats a different story.

Im not sayin your tellin lies, but can bet that your friend there is yankin your arm a bit.

I know first hand that workin maintanance can be quite sweet.
    But there's not quite that much sugar.

And dont forget the tax man.
    Once you hit at least that 80,000 mark you better hope that youve stashed away a large wad for him.

BTW. When he told you this, did you eat up every word he said and take it as gospel truth
    Just as your expecting us to.

Did you see a pay stub, or better yet his most recent tax return.
    Dont believe everything you here.

ARTSBEST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS

My local, small, Cadillac, dealer has about 9 DTS's 06' on his lot. It's a shame that these good cars are sitting there. Seems like the Escalade is the "king" of all Cadillacs now. But where I live, there aren't many who can afford such a vehicle. If this dealer didn't also sell Buick/Chevy he would have been out of business years ago I'm afraid. Good post Benjamin...

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Back on topic:

According to Automotive News, there are no cash incentives listed for customers on the 2006 STS. There is however a DEALER incentive of $ 3,000.00 listed for the car. So if anyone wants one, take that info to the dealer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.