New Colormatched Rims! Watcha Think? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, New Colormatched Rims! Watcha Think? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Dr. Design Hello, No, lowering your vehicle will not void your warranty. As a matter of fact ...
    05stslvr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS

Re: New Colormatched Rims! Watcha Think?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hello,
    No, lowering your vehicle will not void your warranty. As a matter of fact we have been working with various Cadillac dealerships and lowering their vehicles as an option. You can certainly try to have your Cadillac dealer install the springs. However there are a few old school Cadillac dealerships out there that frown upon modifying Cadillacs. MSRP on the springs are $375 plus shipping and they are listed as a 2" drop. In reality they only lower the car about an 1"-1.5". Install can be done by anyone mechanically inclined and should only take a few hours to complete. Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Thank you,
    Thanks for your help. I will definatly call you when i decide to lower the car.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Sounds good! You know where to reach us.
    Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by 05stslvr View Post
    Thanks for your help. I will definatly call you when i decide to lower the car.

nctrader is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Eldorado

Truly sick! I like em!

Quote Originally Posted by nctrader View Post
    Truly sick! I like em!
    Thanks! Its good to hear some positive comments about the car here. Everywhere i go everybody loves the way it looks, except for here. I guess the "cadillac conservatives" dont like personalizing there cars.

06STSgirl is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thanks! Its good to hear some positive comments about the car here. Everywhere i go everybody loves the way it looks, except for here. I guess the "cadillac conservatives" dont like personalizing there cars.
    I think you need to do-you sweetheart. It seems like you assume that people are obligated to tell you what you want to hear (which is that the rims look cool). If "you" like them, then that's all that matters. But you don't seem to take criticism very well & you appear to put alot of stock into what other people think about you/what you own. I personally don't care for them either (I'm not hating, I just don't like them), the style of the rims doesn't compliment the car well at all and red/chrome just isn't a good look to me. You'd have done better getting full color-matched rims with just a chrome lip. That would have been hard. I also have 20" chromes on mine and I'm not old either, so it's not just grandma's and grandpa's on here that aren't feeling them. You asked for everyones "opinion" of them (which means good or bad) and some people just don't like them the way you do, including myself. Gotta grow some thicker skin sweety. Make yourself happy before everybody else. On the up-side, I think if you painted your grille body-colored or got the "V" style grille it would look alot better (not to mention the D3 bodykit). I had my grille painted at the dealership before I even took delivery and it looks alot cleaner. All stock STS (non-V) grilles should be body-colored IMO.

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by 06STSgirl View Post
    I think you need to do-you sweetheart. It seems like you assume that people are obligated to tell you what you want to hear (which is that the rims look cool). If "you" like them, then that's all that matters. But you don't seem to take criticism very well & you appear to put alot of stock into what other people think about you/what you own. I personally don't care for them either (I'm not hating, I just don't like them), the style of the rims doesn't compliment the car well at all and red/chrome just isn't a good look to me. You'd have done better getting full color-matched rims with just a chrome lip. That would have been hard. I also have 20" chromes on mine and I'm not old either, so it's not just grandma's and grandpa's on here that aren't feeling them. You asked for everyones "opinion" of them (which means good or bad) and some people just don't like them the way you do, including myself. Gotta grow some thicker skin sweety. Make yourself happy before everybody else. On the up-side, I think if you painted your grille body-colored or got the "V" style grille it would look alot better (not to mention the D3 bodykit). I had my grille painted at the dealership before I even took delivery and it looks alot cleaner. All stock STS (non-V) grilles should be body-colored IMO.
    Ditto!

If you can't handle the answer, don't ask the questions.

997tt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 STS V8

LOL, i just turned 22. Im all up for personalizing my car. But those rims, imo, are awful. With out the red, and even worse with the color-matching.

there are few cars where color matching rims look good, e.g. orange pearl gallardo/911 GT3 RS
    not many people can pull it off, unless you consider black rims, which are like an alternative to silver.
    i saw theses rims color matched to a blue intrepid, looked just as bad, so no offence.
    enthusiasts are much more complicated people to satisfy because they have seen a lot. Those people on the street who compliment you, no offence, but probably no very little about current/upcoming vehicles.

The trick is to make the car look like it came out of a factory but at the same time being exacly what you want it to be. That's what we 'enthusiasts' like.

take that into consideration if you want 'us' to like what you've done to your car.

now do us all a favor www.tirerack.com, and pick up a set of ASA's for cheap. you already have the tires, so that's good.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by 06STSgirl View Post

For the record they are color matched. The picture doesn't do the color justice. Thanks for the opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by malatu View Post
    Ditto!

If you can't handle the answer, don't ask the questions.
    Kiss my ass, smartass. If you dont have anything better to say dont say it.

Moderator please close this thread, I don't want this to get bad. I thank everyone for there opinion.

END OF DISCUSSION.

malatu is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS 3.6 AWD

Kiss my ass, smartass. If you dont have anything better to say dont say it.
    Sorry I offended you... not my intention. But my advise still stands. (But I'll re-phrase it) If you're going to solicite everyone's opinion, be prepared for both the folks who share your views and the others who don't.

It is evident you really didn't want to hear from anyone who didn't like your wheels. Because some folks here don't share your opinion, you write "the cadillac conservatives dont like personalizing there cars." Please understand, we didn't ask your opinion obout us. 06stsgirls provides some valuable wisdom in her post.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.