Lemon Law Question
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Lemon Law Question in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; If the SAME problem occurs with a Cadillac (which is under warranty) is there some protection for we owners other ...
    ARTSBEST is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 SLS

Lemon Law Question

If the SAME problem occurs with a Cadillac (which is under warranty) is there some protection for we owners other than it supposedly being fixed for free? I've had 3 (in one year) ignition security problems in which the car would NOT start. Each time they said the problem was fixed. Each time the car was in the service bay for 2+ days. Any lemon law experts here who can input anything would be most appreciated. My warranty is about to past the 4 year period and I don't feel like this car (which I am planning on keeping because the re sale values is horrendous) is reliable.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

megeebee is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Lemon Law Question

Quote Originally Posted by ARTSBEST View Post
    If the SAME problem occurs with a Cadillac (which is under warranty) is there some protection for we owners other than it supposedly being fixed for free? I've had 3 (in one year) ignition security problems in which the car would NOT start. Each time they said the problem was fixed. Each time the car was in the service bay for 2+ days. Any lemon law experts here who can input anything would be most appreciated. My warranty is about to past the 4 year period and I don't feel like this car (which I am planning on keeping because the re sale values is horrendous) is reliable.

Lemon Laws vary from State to State. I think most State governments have extensive web sites. Look up your State Attorney General's office. There is most likely a dedicated Lemon Law office there.
    And, just telling the service manager and/or salesperson that you are going to the government will get their serious attention, trust me. I had to go through this with a '94 SLS I got new. It spent 3 weeks in the service department, so I called and told them that the State law read that they had to get me a new car or my money back. They got me a new car in 48 hours.

THANKS MUCH megeebee. I don't know how extensive your problems were but when one has a $50K car and it you find yourself STUCK somewhere because it won't start ones blood reaches the boiling pt. faster than the radiator.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

jmf9033 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 1SG

I experienced a very similar problem with a 2005 Audi. Once the car had been in the shop for more than 21 Days for the same problem, which is part of the Lemon Law where I live.

I very nicely and calmly made mention of this and within a few days met with the District Manager and was able to return the car and get my money back.

It seems like if an owner has a legitimate claim (via the lemon laws) the mfg's bend over backwards to rectify the problem.

c5 rv is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)

I believe most lemon laws are effective only in the first 1 or 2 years of new car ownership. I have heard of automakers agreeing to continue to cover a specific problem area after the warranty period if the issue was first documented while the car was under warranty.

Ishminder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Its been a while since you have posted this, but in California...as long as you are in the warranty, you are covered by the lemon law. I bought my car used from a private party, was in the shop for over 60 days(yeah thats a CTS-V for you there) and they just settled with my lemon law attorney. Private message me if you have any more questions, otherwise good luck!

10. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.