Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Front passenger window/driver side mirror

793 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  ECha3 
#1 ·
It's pretty cold here! With that being said, my front, passenger side window keeps going down repeatedly onits own both while driving and when the vehicle is off. The driver side mirror is also turning itself all the way inwards and canot be corrected bease it juse foes right back inwards. I know I have to replace the control on the driver door but at the moment funds are minimal due to being out of work for almost 3 months unpaid (medical). Can anyone tell me how I can disable it temporarily until I return to work and can pay to replace it? If it were just me in the car, I'd deal with it but I have 3 children and it is a huge time and safety factor having to constantly fight this window battle with the very cold weather. If there is an easy way to disable the driver side mirror also that you could share as well, that would be a bonus but I can deal with that for a few more weeks if necessary. Thanks in advance!

#5 ·
Have you tried using the Window Lockout switch on the drivers armrest? The feature normally only 'locks-out' the rear passenger windows, but can be personalized to include the front passenger window, too. With the lockout engaged, only the driver's controls, the voice-recognition command to lower all windows or a bad signal on the car's network should lower the windows.

For the mirror, that earlier post on the trouble is a good idea. Here's another: Set the switch in the middle of the exterior mirror control to the left or center position. This will disable the parallel parking assist of the mirror.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.