Any pics of the 2005 STS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Any pics of the 2005 STS? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I was on Motor Trend's website, and it said Cadillac will be redesigning the STS in 2005. It specifically said ...
    GQGreek is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Any pics of the 2005 STS?

I was on Motor Trend's website, and it said Cadillac will be redesigning the STS in 2005. It specifically said that it would get a new body and close to 500 horses!!! No pics on the site though. Anybody have a pic or know where to find one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AKPsiMC03 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    i hope it becomes RWD! there is no way i wanna deal with that much torque steer!

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    I believe there are a few pics of what is said to be the new STS in the "Future Models" section. But, it may not be accurate.. The ones with the worst quality are the best possibilities...

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate
    The next STS is built on the same platform as CTS and SRX, i.e. it will be RWD. The 500-horse motor is probably the XV12. I bet that doesn't appear right away -- GM will want to squeeze as much profit as possible out of V12 Escalades first.

I wonder how much power the new Northstar will be making in 2005?

Eldo1953 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
    I think this would be better in the Future Models Board....

PONCHO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Iheard rumors of the STS maybe going bye bye. There was a article with Bob Lutz and he was mentioning how the performance aspect of the STS dosent cut it anymore and people are falling out of interest with the car.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I'm guessing 315hp like the one in xlr.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    I think Jinx and devil pretty much summed it up. Im hoping for maybe 330-350 horse though. The SRX gives the best glimpse yet, as the proportions will supposedly be the same for the STS. Obviously, as a sedan and not an SUV though.

Jinx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V estate
    Originally posted by PONCHO
    Iheard rumors of the STS maybe going bye bye. There was a article with Bob Lutz and he was mentioning how the performance aspect of the STS dosent cut it anymore and people are falling out of interest with the car.
    Ain't a rumor. It happened. There is no more STS, only SLS. There will surely be an STS on the new platform, though.

peccles is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I thought I read the base engine of the new STS will be a 275HP version
    of the '04 CTS's 3.6L V-6.

gspencer914 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    peccles that is the rumor on the street right now. But as everyone has talked about no STS for 2004. So lets just see if cadillac really gets rid of the STS or just holds it out of production to wow us with another stunning inovation. I hope it does have the V12 with 500 hp. I'd pre-order one if that was the case!!!

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Cadillac is just admitting what many people that own current model Sevilles and Eldorados won't. FWD is NOT the proper platform for a "world-class" sport sedan. So they will be dropping the Performance version for right now until they can provide the "proper" platform for it. When they do bring back the STS, I believe it will signal the end of the SLS entirely. I believe the Deville will stay on for awhile as the "older" market car and will continue to be FWD. The STS will be the ONLY Seville and it will be the closest thing Cadillac will have to the Sixteen until they decide whether or not to build an "ultra" luxury car. Obviously, the STS's price will move up-scale as well to a proper distance above the CTS.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    I think you hit the nail on the head on all accounts Kev. Except the FWD not being world Class, just look at the RL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.