Farting or groaning noise from climate control system - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Farting or groaning noise from climate control system in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Glad to help guys. A few weeks ago I might not have known what it was but I had one ...
    ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Re: That fa*ting noise again

Glad to help guys.
    A few weeks ago I might not have known what it was but I had one that I spent a while tracking it down on.

If I know it, I'll be more than happy to pass it on.

AllWheelEric is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG

I asked my dealer to fix this problem. She laughed when I described it and wrote up the service order using my colorful words, but said she'd never heard of such a problem. Picked up the car and the service order said can't duplicate. I'll have to print this and bring along it next time. I'll also take the service manager for a ride to show her how embarrassing it can be.

The A/C also goes into recirc mode now whenever the car stops moving or slows to a crawl. Then back to normal when the car starts moving. I don't think it did this before. Has anyone ever seen that? It's as if the fart alerts me to the fact that the Navigation display is locking or unlocking.

Fred STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 STS, '04 Esculade ESV, '98 BMW Z3

I complained to dealer about noise under the seat. The dealer located TSB 03-08-50-010. This bulletin covers noise from under the left front seat cushion. The corrective action is to install rubber hose on adjuster rail, whatever that is. Will let you know if this solves the problem.

This other noise for the HVAC recirculation door has a TSB with updated parts now.
    It is indeed a clearance issue, the kit has new parts in it with a special lubricant to repair this issue.
    Just tell your dealers to look at this:

Subject: Groan Noise Coming From Right Side of Instrument Panel (Install Recirculation Door Actuator Lever Service Kit) #06-01-39-009 - (09/29/2006)

Models: 2005-2006 Cadillac STS

Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V8, 1SF, Tusc Lthr, Adptv Cruise, 18" Chrm Whls

Re: Farting or groaning noise from climate control system

I just printed the bulletin and I'm going to take my car in too. This is a very embarassing noise. I always have to give the disclaimers every time someone new gets into my car. It can be a funny ice breaker when I have a new girl in my car!

Max

I have installed 3 or 4 of these kits with great success.
    It is actually not very hard to do either.
    The bulletin calls for removal of one of the ducts but I find it very difficult to get the duct out and back in. I can be lowered in the dash for access to the retaining screws.
    If you don't want to hear it, you have to manually override the recirculation door position. Just put it on recirc and it won't do it.
    Otherwise whenever the computer automatically switches to inside and back to outside air it will make the noise.
    If you want to entertain your kids you can press the recirculation button over and over, they might think it is funny.

uiwchris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS V8

I took the bulletin number #06-01-39-009 into my dealer and the farting noise is no more! It was fun for a while, but gets old fast. Works like a charm now.

mike sts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

had mine done as well 0 sound now

Just took mine in today for an oil change along with the bulletin number that I printed from here. They ordered the part which should be here in a few days. Kids do think it's hilarious but I hate when adults give you that look like, "Are you trying to sneak that one by?"

Max

jjfahn is offline Cadillac Owners Member

On the same topic, sort of... I have an '02 STS and the passenger side blower works but does not get heat or air cond.. Anyone know how this happens? Can't defrost the pass. side window, get heat on that side, etc. Just trying to find out how much this will cost me. Thanks, I don't post to this board much but really find it interesting how much knowledge is here. I appreciate any help you can give me.

EChas3 is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

It sounds like an air control 'door'. You'll likely find someone with the same experience on the Seville STS forum for those cars before model year 2005.

I agree. I have seen several with "sticky valves." An easy fix that has worked for me is to adjust the temperature control from full heat (90 degrees) to full cold (60 degrees). Set it to "90" and wait about 20 seconds and then go to "60" and do the same thing. Do this about 5 or 6 times and a lot of times, this will "unstick" the door and then it will work properly. Otherwise, you will have to remove the glove box module & then check the link for the air mix door.

Max

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    It sounds like an air control 'door'. You'll likely find someone with the same experience on the Seville STS forum for those cars before model year 2005.

Subsailor613 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS RWD NAV F55 N*1SF

Cool Re: Farting or groaning noise from climate control system

If anyone had the inclination to "DO IT YOURSELF", I have 2 posts, about this,
    asking exact locations,Procedures, etc, then the second one, where I have
    completed it, and the results, and the procedures I followed.
    Have Fun !

Egidio is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 STS

Hello - I'm interested in the DO IT YOURSELF for HVAC noise problem. I can get get to your (2) posts regarding this issue

Thanks
    "G"

jerrylsantos is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V

Also interested in you write up, SubSailor.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.