STS 2005: Reactions - Page 6
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
Results 76 to 83 of 83
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, STS 2005: Reactions in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; jerseyvette flip-flops almost as much as John Kerry!...
  1. #76
    M STaR 013's Avatar
    M STaR 013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    California
    Age
    29
    Posts
    231

    Re: STS 2005: Reactions

    jerseyvette flip-flops almost as much as John Kerry!

  2. #77
    Caddy Man's Avatar
    Caddy Man is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Home of Cadillac-Detroit, MI
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,043

    Re: STS 2005: Reactions

    and stop pointing out it shouldnt be like a europeans sedan yet you sit there comparing it to every f*ckin european car!!!!! You keep sayin its a small car, HOW BIG ARE YOU DAM* IT!!!!?!? I also think the sts looks a little too much like a cts, but nontheless, i think its a beautiful car and it really puts cadillac in competition with the europeans...THE DAYS OF BIG BOAT CADILLACS IS OVER. I can see some of you dont like change...well to bad, its going to happen. and stop with your ''everyone is a dealer tryin to shut me up'' conspiracy theories.

  3. #78
    Brett's Avatar
    Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Tampa
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,965

    Re: STS 2005: Reactions

    miscreant, that may be the funniest post ever on this forum.

  4. #79
    jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    151

    Then Cadillac should plan to R.I. P. (according to your theory)

    Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Man
    and stop pointing out it shouldnt be like a europeans sedan yet you sit there comparing it to every f*ckin european car!!!!! You keep sayin its a small car, HOW BIG ARE YOU DAM* IT!!!!?!? I also think the sts looks a little too much like a cts, but nontheless, i think its a beautiful car and it really puts cadillac in competition with the europeans...THE DAYS OF BIG BOAT CADILLACS IS OVER. I can see some of you dont like change...well to bad, its going to happen. and stop with your ''everyone is a dealer tryin to shut me up'' conspiracy theories.
    Cadillac is SUPPOSED TO be synonomous with luxury, performance style and prestige (at least in my mind). If Cadillac does not stand "for big cars anymore" than the branding manager should be FIRED at GM. If Bentley, Rolls Royce or even Mercedes started making all small cars it WOULD BE BUSINESS SUICIDE for the companies, brand and stakeholders.

    The mentality you ahve is WHY US CADILLAC OWNERS are all pissed off at GM. They have adopted a mentality that teh American Standard is a small and sub car car. Can STS compete on a US standard with european cars? The numbers will tell us that, this is why I will be scouring every GM resource I have in 8 months to see what the sales numbers are (It will be like my own small version of a Michael Moore film to show that small is not the way to go.)

    Anyway this is not an ad homonym arguement at you or any other member. My beef is with GM Cadillac (secifically the STS design). I am not a troll rather a person who has sunk a lot of $$ into GM cars that I have been proud of over the years.

    I feel like an orphan who has been abandoned by papa GM... :drinker

  5. #80
    gothicaleigh's Avatar
    gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    MyWorldIsEvil, ButAmericanMade
    Posts
    6,654

    Re: Then Cadillac should plan to R.I. P. (according to your theory)

    The Cadillacs are larger than the Mercedes that they share classes with. Bentley and RollsRoyce compete in a higher market segment and do not fit into a Cadillac comparison. It has been over fifty years since they were last seen as Cadillac competitors.

    You also keep bringing up the suggestion that Cadillac sales are suffering because of the redesigns. This could not be further from the truth. Since they adopted the Art&Science design philosophy, Cadillac has been seeing record sales numbers. If the Sigma cars would have failed, Cadillac would have been going the way of Oldsmobile. The company was in trouble and needed a cataclysmic change. Should the branding manager be fired? Hell, I bet he's getting a fat bonus.

    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyVette
    Cadillac is SUPPOSED TO be synonomous with luxury, performance style and prestige (at least in my mind).
    Before the redesign, Cadillac was not associated with any of those qualities aside from maybe luxury(if they were lucky).

    Now they have luxury with better quality interiors and electronics than ever before. The performance is finally on par with the rest of the world. The style is unique and influencing manufacturers around the world. And the new pricing and upscale competitiveness will recapture some of the brand's lost prestige.

    Cadillac has delivered on all the qualities you claim to care about.

  6. #81
    jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    151

    Re: STS 2005: Reactions

    Quote Originally Posted by M STaR 013
    jerseyvette flip-flops almost as much as John Kerry!
    HELP..IS ON...THE WAY...

    SET IT...AND..FORGET..IT.

    I am not a Kerry Supporter at all but the campaign makes me chuckle!!
    Regarding me Flip Flopping:

    I Hop HELP..IS...ON..THE WAY for Cadillac Engineering.

    I want a Cadillac A8-Eater Soon!!

  7. #82
    jerseyvette is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    151

    Re: Then Cadillac should plan to R.I. P. (according to your theory)

    Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh
    The Cadillacs are larger than the Mercedes that they share classes with. Bentley and RollsRoyce compete in a higher market segment and do not fit into a Cadillac comparison. It has been over fifty years since they were last seen as Cadillac competitors.

    You also keep bringing up the suggestion that Cadillac sales are suffering because of the redesigns. This could not be further from the truth. Since they adopted the Art&Science design philosophy, Cadillac has been seeing record sales numbers. If the Sigma cars would have failed, Cadillac would have been going the way of Oldsmobile. The company was in trouble and needed a cataclysmic change. Should the branding manager be fired? Hell, I bet he's getting a fat bonus.



    Before the redesign, Cadillac was not associated with any of those qualities aside from maybe luxury(if they were lucky).

    Now they have luxury with better quality interiors and electronics than ever before. The performance is finally on par with the rest of the world. The style is unique and influencing manufacturers around the world. And the new pricing and upscale competitiveness will recapture some of the brand's lost prestige.

    Cadillac has delivered on all the qualities you claim to care about.
    Like Dr. Ferry Porsche said. "I never used marketing research or sophisticated analytical models, I just designed the car of my dreams and I felt others would feel the same way I did." In my world Cadillac would be playing in every size segment of luxury cars. they should have a true competitor (again in size and segment) to the RWD TownCar and other intimidating cars like 745iL and S Class Etc. It;s simply a size thing, the larger it is the more intimidating and desireable the car becomes (like Shaq bigger is better!)

  8. #83
    miscreant's Avatar
    miscreant is offline GM Connection
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Norman, OK
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,286

    Re: Then Cadillac should plan to R.I. P. (according to your theory)

    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyvette
    In my world Cadillac would be playing in every size segment of luxury cars. they should have a true competitor (again in size and segment) to the RWD TownCar and other intimidating cars like 745iL and S Class Etc.
    They will. The STS isn't it though, so stop trying to make it *it*, or at the least complaining that it's not. The STS fills the gap needed to be filled by Cadillac. They had the CTS, then a big gap, then the Seville and Deville. Rather than leave that gap, they decided to fill it with what the late model Sevilles were supposed to be. This also was a market segment that Cadillac had NOTHING to compete with. At the least, the Deville still does offer some good size and clean traditional Cadillac lines.

    I think you probably would have more success in the Deville section. Maybe the moderators can make a 2006 and beyond DTS section and you can post what you think the DTS should be. But the fact of the matter is that the STS is to be, was created, and designed to be a competitor to a class and size of vehicles outside of your comparisons...
    2004 Cadillac CTS (**SOLD** ): http://www.ctsowners.com
    2004 Pontiac GTO: http://www.myyellowgto.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting