New STS Pic and info
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, New STS Pic and info in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ...
    Rex Raider is offline Cadillac Owners Member

New STS Pic and info

• 4.6L NorthStar V8 or 3.6L V6 VVT
    • RWD or AWD option
    • Magnetic Ride Control
    • Sigma Architecture

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pete03Z06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: New STS Pic and info

Oddly enough, I like the CTS, I like the SRX, love the XLR and Escalade, but I don't really like this design. It doesn't say STS to me at all...it says CTS with a slightly longer wheelbase. Back in 98, the newly restyled Seville was the only Caddy at the time that I liked, and then they brought out some awesome new designs...but for some reason I thought the new STS would be at least a little bit different than the CTS. Oh well...maybe it will grow on me

rueben44 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I like it so far but I will wait to see more before I really decide. Now I would love to see more creases on it but I like it so far. I will have to wait for more pictures in real life poses.

Another picture

Dubya is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

that looks like the same pic, flipped w/ a background.

i still prefer the look of the 98+seville, and 2000+ deville (mainly the sts/dts's)

JOENH is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Looks like a slightly larger CTS clone. Hope Caddie hasn't digressed to a one look vehicle. The Seville must continue to be there benchmark peformance sedan!

Vesicant is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): None :(

Arrow Re: New STS Pic and info

If you look real closely, it almost appears as if it has the same design as the Cadillac SRX; compare and see... but the words that interest me the most the new STS are... (together)

Northstar 4.6l V8 and All Wheel Drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coolgleam

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Not impressed at all and actually somewhat disappointed. I think it will have alot of progressive and awesome new features, but it doesnt MOVE me the way the 92-2004 STS's did,and thats important. Both of those cars still get my full respect every time one drives by, they are just unique and it looks for now, like they always will be. In my opinion, THIS look is what the next DTS should be because of the vertical headlights and slab sided proportions which match up with the current car, the STS is an inherently HORIZONTAL headlight and front end car from the beginning! This will be great for anyone who currently owns a 98+ because I can tell you most of the general public will never associate this redesign to the current car, thereby giving the current one a much longer lifespan of appeal.

Its like the Lutz czars gave the Caddy engineers just enough rope to develop the CTS look and then yanked it away from them, forcing them to develop everything else off that basic design, which is very very good, just not UNIVERSALLY good. We'll see how she turns out in person and in the hands of her first owners, I might end up really warming up to it.

airbalancer is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I think you have see in person and sit in before making a decision
    The silver colour is also doing nothing from me.
    I think trucks look better in silver (gray) than caddies do.

Here is Video of the car in motion:

http://gmtv.feedroom.com/start.jsp?&...28&rdm=8178946

Oh yea use your mind and picture it in black with after market 18 inch wheel....sweet! I am starting to feel it now.

darrelld is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Beautiful design and impressive option list.

Decisions, Decisions, do I get the CTS-V now or wait for the STS-V later.

Elvis is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 Expedition

Why won't they show us the taillights?

dwhsd is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Boy, that is a disappointment. I will have to see it in person, but what a huge mistake it looks like. I had seen spy shots of a "new" STS about 4-5 months ago in one of the car magazines, and that design really looked great. But this new one looks nothing like it. Hopefully the performance makes up for the looks . . .

I have a 98 STS, and I prefer the looks of my car much more than this new one. There are several issues. Front end is bland, sides are slab, the wheel design is unoriginal (yes, it does match my STS), the tires are too narrow and the wheels need to be pushed outward more.

I really don't know why anyone would have expected the STS to look like the Cadillac 16! We all told everyone it would not and Cadillac said that the Seville would have the basic form of the SRX except not wagon like.

I think it is reserved and a nice looking car. Is it edgy and bold like the CTS? No. Though I love the CTS this car will apeal to those that don't like it's edges. The wheels look big this time and the inside looks sweet. The option list is very good so I see no reason why this car will not do well if Cadillac prices it correctly 42-58K.

2004_SRX_ is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I don't know why anyone would be disappointed with this design. I felt that the Seville was a pretty weak model in Caddy's strengthenning line-up, and they made it fit right in. If the Seville looks this good, I can't wait to see what the Deville is going to look like.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.