Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, No Mirrors or Rear Window Heat- Remote Start in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi Folks: 06 STS: Do you know if Cadillac is working on a fix for rear defrost, heated mirrors and ...
- 02-24-06 02:25 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2006
No Mirrors or Rear Window Heat- Remote Start
06 STS: Do you know if Cadillac is working on a fix for rear defrost, heated mirrors and heated seats to work with remote start? A forum search turned up other complaints concerning inoperative heated seats in remote start mode and I am experiencing the same things with this STS. My in car temperature was 29 degrees and the features did not work.The local dealer service department is still trying to get up to speed on how the new STS features are supposed to work and has not been very helpful so far. They did send us a bulletin that says (among other things):
When personalization (based on driver ID) enables climate control and seat temp control for Remote Start, the Climate Control Panel (CCP) takes the below action after Remote Start is active:
1) When ambient temperature is greater than 32 degrees F, the CCP uses the previous set temp and operates in FULL AUTO
2) When ambient temp is less than 32 degrees F, the CCP uses the previous set temp, DEF mode, manual HI fan, Outside Air Inlet, and Rear Defroster ON
3) When in car temp is below 60 degrees F, the CCP enables the Heated Seats ON at HIGH for the first 10 minutes, then MEDIUM after 10 minutes if the Remote Start is continued.
4) When in car temp is above 85 degrees F, the CCP enables Ventilated Seats ON at HIGH
The HVAC display is OFF during Remote Start.
After Remote Start is cancelled by pressing the Start Button, the CCP reverts to the previous set temp/mode/blower and any heat/vent seats control is cancelled.
- 02-24-06 08:35 PM #2Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2005 STS V-6 Luxury Performance
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
Re: No Mirrors or Rear Window Heat- Remote Start
Here is what I can offer - 10 mins is not long enough for you to feel full impact of heated seat.
Fix: After vehicle is started -Hit remote (w/o hitting lock first) one more time and this will add another 10 mins.
Rear Defrost does turn on when i remote start - it can be a bit odd during set up. I would confirm set up.
Hope this helped a bit...