The New STS, and the new 300C? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, The New STS, and the new 300C? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by Brett ummm, Scion is the hip new brand for all those Gen-y'ers out there longing to drive ...
    Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: The New STS, and the new 300C?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett
    ummm, Scion is the hip new brand for all those Gen-y'ers out there longing to drive a toaster oven. Brought to you by Toyota. I guess Canada isnt cool enough for Scion yet...........
    Well, Canada is "cool" enough to be -25 F today!! Too cool for me baby! We aren't that cool when our junior hockey team lost to the undefeated U.S. team today!! That poor junior Canadian team worked their way up by painstakingly defeating all other countries to face the U.S. and you yank their chain so fast they went down the drain double time!! 3 to 2 is pretty close though

LOL! Anyway, I haven't seen anything that ugly by Toyota yet, or the Dodge Sprinter. They both kinda look like the VW Eurovan. ps, does theU.S. get a model for Acura called the TSX? It looks just like the TL, but with a 200 hp 4 banger? Just curious because it seems we don't get all the same vehicles you guys do.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

We have a TSX but I thought it had a v6

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Nope, the TL picks up where the TSX leaves off. We have a Civic based Acura called the 1.7 EL. It is a loaded Civic, and I think it is a Canada exclusive. I like the new TL's.

Yeah i was probably thinking TL

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

tsx = 4cyl rebadged accord euro-r

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Here is a better picture of the 300C from Car and Driver:

Heres a shocker. Id say Chrysler's at least doing pretty well in overall style to even get me thinking this car could compete in the same foray as the ultra luxury STS. Why? Because the 300C (the hemi model) will be WELL equipped, at (wait for it)... $32,995. Depending on pricing for the STS, the 300C may not be nearly as cool, but it could undercut the STS by 20-30k, and its based on the previous E-Class underpinnings!

Im already imagining even the customary "monotone" performance version that you just KNOW will show up somewhere down the line.

The price is great, i just cant get used to that styling. sometimes pictures dont do cars justice, so ill wait to see in person. I believe there is a lot of pent up demand for a decent american sedan. by that i mean V8, RWD, 30-35k. Now sales of the Maurauder would prove me wrong, but i still think there is alot of potential consumers for this car and others like it

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

The price is great, i just cant get used to that styling. sometimes pictures dont do cars justice, so ill wait to see in person. I believe there is a lot of pent up demand for a decent american sedan. by that i mean V8, RWD, 30-35k. Now sales of the Maurauder would prove me wrong, but i still think there is alot of potential consumers for this car and others like it
    I dont think youre wrong Brett. The Marauder would be a poor thermometer of the public's desire because if you think about it, it was only a decent concept with a somewhat poor execution. Nothing was really new or special about it other than some more power and driveline tweaks (and in one of the car mags own words, not even enough to really chrip tires or anything like that), a monochrome styling treatment, and a couple of neat gauges inside. Outside however, its a gussied up Marq, and the public isnt stupid, they see through those marketing ploys like a knife through butter. The Impala SS was essentially the same you say... Yes but the impala SS really wholloped the competition with that Corvette based V8 under the hood, and gobs of power that made up for the fact that it was ALSO the same sheetmetal as its comfy cruiser counterpart. ...No, THESE up and comers are all totally new from the ground up and have alot to offer, and alot to live up to, I say you are not wrong at all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.