Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  commander112 
#1 ·
I had a fairly small accident with my 06 STS about two weeks ago and had the vehicle taken in to the selling dealer for repair. Today I went to pickup a rental car from the dealer (since I do not have collision rental coverage I am going to pay out of pocket) and decided to poke my head back into the body shop to see where I stood with my repair only to find that the car is sitting there untouched since Monday when additional parts were placed on order. I inquire as to what was going on and was told the parts needed are on backorder. When I asked when the parts would arrive the response was "could be next week, could be three weeks" in a very cavalier manner. Mind you this is a car that was built 60 miles away from where I live (Detroit) and they cannot find parts for the car. I am sure that at this moment in Lansing, MI. the line is running and they are using the parts that I need to get my car on the road to build new cars. I have had the misfortune of putting $13,000 in damage into a BMW and had the car fixed before Cadillac has come up with the parts to even start work on my car! I have now called customer service and had them create a file number and am starting to call my friends with in GM to see if they can offer any help. I even called the headquarters to try and reach the assistant to the general manager of parts and was stonewalled. I am pissed that after buying a $63,000 car you cannot get parts to fix it when it is damaged. I'm quite sure that GM will want the next payment when due but yet they cannot even supply the parts to fix a damaged car. Part numbers needed are #15778780 (rt apron) and 15805238 (engine subframe).
Anyone have any suggestions, I 'd like to hear them. Thanks for listening.

Mark

See less See more
#2 ·
That happens all the time, for a variety of different cars. Particularly when a design is still quite fresh, manufacturers don't typically build a big extra surplus of body parts, etc., to cater to those that are wrecked--moreso just focusing on making what they need to build the cars in the first place.

The STS didn't come out yesterday, but it is still relatively fresh, and there probably haven't been a ton in accidents yet...still meaning a pretty low demand for extra parts.

All that said, the needed parts you listed really don't seem like they should be all that hard to get, so I can't see why exactly there aren't any available.

#3 ·
Oh the stories I could tell.
It sounds like you are in an unfortunate situation to say the least.
Might be worth rethinking your insurance coverage for the future.

Make sure to keep rattling their chains or they will take their sweet time. Try to be nice about it and understanding but let them know that you want this handled as quickly as possible.

#4 ·
Update!!!
I made a complaint to Cadillac customer service and have been treated really well. They asked for a few days to research the situation and "escalated" the complaint up the ladder. I was assured that I would be compensated for the delay. The longer the delay the greater the compensation. I received a call today from customer service informing me that the needed parts would be direct shipped from the vendors and should be at the dealer by next Monday. The advisor will inform me upon shipment. She also is picking up the tab on my rental car to cover for this delay and has offer to make either one or two months of payments depending on the total amount of time this repair is ultimately going to take. All in all, if I have to deal with a parts delay I feel they are treating me pretty well.
Good work GM!

Mark

#5 ·
commander112 said:
Update!!!
I made a complaint to Cadillac customer service and have been treated really well. They asked for a few days to research the situation and "escalated" the complaint up the ladder. I was assured that I would be compensated for the delay. The longer the delay the greater the compensation. I received a call today from customer service informing me that the needed parts would be direct shipped from the vendors and should be at the dealer by next Monday. The advisor will inform me upon shipment. She also is picking up the tab on my rental car to cover for this delay and has offer to make either one or two months of payments depending on the total amount of time this repair is ultimately going to take. All in all, if I have to deal with a parts delay I feel they are treating me pretty well.
Good work GM!

Mark
Very good. Sounds like you happened to get just the right person on the phone:thumbsup:

#6 ·
Further update. The parts arrived last Thursday (two days ahead of schedule) and the car is already together and in the paint shop right now. Again they are delivering on their promise. As it stands now, GM will pick up the rental tab during the delay and one month of the lease payment.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.