V 6ix or V 8ight?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, V 6ix or V 8ight? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok, So I am now at the decision point. I will be buying my first Cadillac. White Pearl 2006 STS. ...
    toadmanor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

V 6ix or V 8ight?

Ok, So I am now at the decision point.

I will be buying my first Cadillac. White Pearl 2006 STS. Performance Luxury Package.

The problem...should I go with an 8 or 6? Speed is not my thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Skibanker is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: V 6ix or V 8ight?

Take your pick, Toad, but since you live in MN, you MUST get AWD. I got a V6 AWD for Chicago driving and think it has plenty of power.

ascariSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '06 STS V8 RWD - Black Raven/Cashmere - no ACC

after trying STS with magnaride, I'm thinking of trading mine with one without magnaride... it's very stiff

i think V6 doesn't have magna ride... so i suggest you try both before deciding

soupero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): STS 3.6 Launch Edition (Euro)

The STS V6 has the magnetic ride but you can't select like "sporty" or "comfy" which you can control in the STS V8( or not ?!), the magnetic ride in the V6 adjust hisself by how you drive!

harryctsv is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by soupero
    The STS V6 has the magnetic ride but you can't select like "sporty" or "comfy" which you can control in the STS V8( or not ?!), the magnetic ride in the V6 adjust hisself by how you drive!
    Hi soupero,
    the V6 does not have the magnetic ride control for the 2005 model, now on the 06 model it`s available on the "sport luxury" model. (these for export models)

Harry

STS2002 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

The magnetic ride is not offered in the V6 model. I have owned both an 05 V6 and now have the V8 AWD. The V6 should be just fine if speed isn't your thing. However, i would agree with skibanker, that you should highly consider an AWD. I live in MIchigan and the AWD is 150% better in the snow.

Phil

toadmanor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So, it looks like I will go with the V6 and MAYBE the AWD.

The winters here have been nominal lately so maybe I can save a few $

GeorgeAlva is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I went with the V8. AWD. Excellent in rain, snow, The extra power is nice to have when you need it. I still get 13 mpg in the city.
    Go with the V8!

I have a V6 AWD and am getting 18 MPG in the city on my second tank of gas. I'm sure the V8 is nice, but I'll settle for the V6 with 38% better mileage anytime.

GeorgeAlva is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Almost 100 HP more muscle and only 5 mi a gallon? Unless your an enviromentalist than shouldn't you be looking at a Toyota Hybrid? Besides after spending 68K on a Cadillac I'm really not worried about 5 mi a gallon. V8 all day long. Nothing like a 4.6L! My opinion.
    Good Luck!

$68 k??? I got the 2006 V6 AWD with the Luxury Performance package and paid $42k including rebates but before sales tax. Happy to pocket the extra $26k! And the V6 offers only 65 horsepower less than the V8, not 100. 255 vs. 320. Good luck with yours!
    By the way, I got a call from Cadillac on a 2006 STS recall. Watch your mail.

Cajonkev is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra

That would be 26K not 16 and we typically are pretty nice to each other about what we do or do not pay for our vehicles. Especially since most folks can't come close to affording what we drive daily...

Sorry, maybe I'm just a little cranky today...

I would think that cost data would be very helpful to someone doing research before buying one of these cars. I know this forum helped me when I was looking. Besides, if GM continues to have their problems, I will eventually be shown to have greatly overpaid for my car as the street price continues to fall.
    And, I don't think I've offended any Kia owners as they probably don't come here just like I don't go to Bentley forums.
    Wrong thread for this. Sorry.

Cajonkev is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra

Well certainly no dis-respect intended but a comment like ($68 k??? - Happy to pocket the extra $26k!) came off (at least to me) as a little more like a dig at GeorgeAlva and not so much as pricing assistance.

I am all for helping buyers and in fact openly listed here what I paid and how I got there. This comment in this forum however didn't seem to fit the context. My apologies if I was incorrect.

And although I certainly hold no expectations that other non-owners use this board (although those aspiring to own might lurk or be active as they save/prepare). I did (in the previous context as a dig) take the comment towards pricing as flaunting in which I stand by my opinion of respect towards all no matter what they can afford regardless of whether or not they view these pages which was obviously not the point at all...

Again my apologies if I was out of context or line...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.