V 6ix or V 8ight? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, V 6ix or V 8ight? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Add my 2 cents - We all go through our own justification methods. Mine when something like this ..... drove ...
    Richbro is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: V 6ix or V 8ight?

Add my 2 cents - We all go through our own justification methods. Mine when something like this ..... drove a V6 CTS for about 3 years and it was fine, no real problems. My mechanic, not affiliated w/Cadillac, got me hooked on the Northstar - he thought one of the best engines made. So, that's what I got and couldn't be happier. I happen to be at a point in my life where that amount of dollars really didn't matter too much. To each their own - 20 years ago, I'd be different.

GeorgeAlva is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Skibanker no offense taken! No question you got a great deal on a great car. However I did decide to treat myself and not cheat myself, so i had Cadillac custom build my STS to my specs. Hence the xtra cost. Yes you are right about the HP difference between stock v6 vs v8 but my STS has been modified for additional hp.

Thanks for backup Cajonkev!

harryctsv is offline Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeAlva
    Skibanker no offense taken! No question you got a great deal on a great car. However I did decide to treat myself and not cheat myself, so i had Cadillac custom build my STS to my specs. Hence the xtra cost. Yes you are right about the HP difference between stock v6 vs v8 but my STS has been modified for additional hp.

Thanks for backup Cajonkev!
    Hi George,
    great pics of your STS!!! How much horses does your car have and what kind of work you did on the engine?
    Thanks
    Harry

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V

Quote Originally Posted by Richbro
    Add my 2 cents - We all go through our own justification methods. Mine when something like this ..... drove a V6 CTS for about 3 years and it was fine, no real problems. My mechanic, not affiliated w/Cadillac, got me hooked on the Northstar - he thought one of the best engines made. So, that's what I got and couldn't be happier. I happen to be at a point in my life where that amount of dollars really didn't matter too much. To each their own - 20 years ago, I'd be different.
    Wow, you met a mechanic who actually LIKES Northstars? Perhaps there is hope for world peace after all...

I like mine, cant say Ive ever met a mechanic who feels the same way.

With that being said, I think if you really dont mind less HP and want the added benefit of gas mileage, there is no way you can go wrong with the V6. Now Im going to qualify that statement by saying that to me, a Cadillac with a V6 has always been kind of a contradiction, but if thats your thing, the 3.6VVT V6 engine has proven to be a bulletproof unit over the past 3 years or so. I wouldnt be surprised if the V6 outlasted the N*

If you plan to keep your car beyond this singular "mild" winter by the way, you would be insane to not get AWD.

toadmanor is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Well, after many days I must report.

Tonight I pick up my STS V6 1SC in White Diamond. I hope it is all that I believe it will be.

I am soon to be a Cadillac owner. Does that mean I am OLD?

Toad

lineman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

no you are not old just smart.

Richbro is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by toadmanor
    Well, after many days I must report.

Tonight I pick up my STS V6 1SC in White Diamond. I hope it is all that I believe it will be.

I am soon to be a Cadillac owner. Does that mean I am OLD?

Toad
    Congrats Toad!

White Diamond is excellent.

Blekk0 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS

Nice, but was it awd or rwd

It is RWD I know should have gone with AWD but saved a few bucks.

I can not get my Bluetooth phone hooked up. It recognizes it and gives me the code which I enter into my phone but after trying I get a connection failed message.

Anyone know how to fix?

Toad

Cajonkev is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra

I can not get my Bluetooth phone hooked up. It recognizes it and gives me the code which I enter into my phone but after trying I get a connection failed message.Toad
    A) Which handset is it?

B) Try reversing the process and have the vehicle "discover" the phone or vice/versa whichever you started with. It could be a number of things but that is a start.

This is going to drive me nitz!

I have tried having the phone discover the car---no luck at all.

When I search for the phone the car finds it and properly displays it. When I try to connect it states to enter passcode 1234 into the phone. The phone advises that a Cadillac STS is trying to connect and if I should accept. I select accept and enter 1234 into phone and then on the STS it states "connection failure"

The phone is a Motorola MPX220 through Cingular.

Please, any one know how to do this?

That's the correct procedure. Sounds like you have a different issue.

Have you tried borrowing a friends handset and attempting a connection and/or dropping by your service provider and trying one of their active units?

My next step was to do just that borrow a phone from a friend and...

But last night I tried it again and Voilla...It worked. Thanks to those who offered help.

Now, another question. I cant use the Bluetooth phone unless the car is in park? That just doesn't seem right!

Now, another question. I cant use the Bluetooth phone unless the car is in park? That just doesn't seem right!
    Well...

Cadillac put a lot of faith in their VR system and also tried to limit any liability from "distracted" driving.

That said; you can "technically" be in gear but the wheels cannot be rolling (4-6 mph) is where it cuts in/out).

You can use the VR (assuming you are having good success with it) to digit dial and/or dial any nametags you have stored in the directory at any speed.

And of course you can always dial from your handset and it will use the vehicle's handsfree as long as they are connected.

Although most of the VR has been a challenge for me, I find the "Phone Dial Name" command works very well.

Well, I have not even tried the voice recognition stuff yet. I guess I will give it a go...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.