Remote start-Heat-AC seats not working
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Remote start-Heat-AC seats not working in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I just brought my STS into Cadillac because the Heat/AC do not work when I autostart the car. Cadillac just ...
    Damon_Silvestry is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Remote start-Heat-AC seats not working

I just brought my STS into Cadillac because the Heat/AC do not work when I autostart the car. Cadillac just indicated that the Heat/AC is not "supposed" to work with Autostart. However, having the Heat/AC work with autostart is an option in the the "personal settings" menu. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cajonkev is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra

Re: Remote start---Heat/AC seats not working

It is a confusing option to be sure.

My seat coolers work with a "remote" start which I believe is what you are referrring to. I have not been in weather cool enough for the heaters to kick in.

If set they are supposed to activate based on some unknown tempratures(s) which are not published. They stay on from the time you use the remote ignition until you press the "start" button and then they turn themselves back off. You need to then activate them manually if you want them back on.

I kept expecting them to stay on when I hit the start button & thought they didn't work until I ran a few tests and checked with my dealer who confirmed.

malcolm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS

I went through the same thing with mine, thinking they were not working. They do work but...if I remote start the car in a parking lot I am pretty close and it doesn't run long enough to notice any difference by the time I get in. If I remote start from the house and let it run for 5 minutes it definately works. My heat/AC settings are maintained from remote start to regular driving but the seat heat needs to be restarted after entering thr car.

throttlezone is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Has anyone noticed that if you remote start that the bluetooth does not sync with your phone? Bluetooth phone works great with normal start but if remote start it does not, and cannot be forced to sync with phone.

It must search for phone at start and if your not in the car then you out of luck.

BarryNS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V8 RWD 1SG+Perf Coll. + Perf Handlin pkg

I am really suprised to find that my cell phone syncs with the car whenever it is within 10 feet of the car, regardless of whether I have remote started the car or not and regardless of the time that the car has been off.

Quite disturbingly, if I am on a cell phone call in the house and walk toward the garage and car to go somewhere, the cell phone audio disconnects as the blue tooth connection is established and I have to run to the car to continue my conversation. The party on the other end remains connected at all times but just doesn't hear my voice until I open the car and turn accessories or motor on.

Weird

Cajonkev is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-1SG-ACC/HUD-Volant CAI-Corsa Exh-Mesh Grill-ClearBra

Quote Originally Posted by throttlezone
    Has anyone noticed that if you remote start that the bluetooth does not sync with your phone? Bluetooth phone works great with normal start but if remote start it does not, and cannot be forced to sync with phone.

It must search for phone at start and if your not in the car then you out of luck.
    Probably should start a new thread as this is way off topic but yes this occurs with me also as well as the switching that BarryNS refers to also.

seveputter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Make sure the auto button is on before you shut the vehicle off. then when you remote start, the vehicle will take over based on current tempature

Space is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V-6 Luxury Performance

Re: Remote start---Heat/AC seats not working & Bluetooth

I also was about to call Cadi until this week. I did let it run and the seat was warm upon entry. I was looking for it to be "ON" within climate control and was to close to the car to get things heated up.

ON THE BLUETOOTH...

I cannot sync my phone w/Auto Start, unless I am very close to the car and it will then connect.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.