thinking about getting a 06 sts4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, thinking about getting a 06 sts4 in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; can anyone tell me the difference between a v-series and the sts 4? pros and cons ---------- and im new ...
    04blk cts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

thinking about getting a 06 sts4

can anyone tell me the difference between a v-series and the sts 4? pros and cons

----------

and im new to the site so hi everyone

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

orconn is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Re: thinking about getting a 06 sts4

Hiya, O4blk, welcome to the Forums. Where are you from?

talismandave is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham, 1974 Fleetwood Talisman, Volvo C70,

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 132k

V = More HP, only RWD, wicked fast.
    STS4 = AWD and 150ish less HP

If you can afford it, I'd get a V in a heartbeat...
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

STSJr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Hi, I have an STS4 with the N* and love the car. If I could have afforded the STS-V I would have bought one.

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Unless you get an sts4 platinum, the v series has a much nicer interior with a deep tinted olive ash burl wood, leather wrapped dash, door panels and center console. The wood on the platinum isn't tinted and is also very nice. Also on the platinum, the seats and doors are fully leather where in the v there is suede in the center of the seats and in an insert on the door. Another interesting thing is that the headliner in the platinum is Alcantara, and the v has the regular STS headliner.

If traction is a concern for you, you might want to go with the 4. The v has 275 series rear tires, and wide tires = poor traction in weather.

If you have a "beater" to get you around on the real bad snow days, you can get away with the v 98% of the days in the year. People have had success using winter tires with the v in snow as well though.

Different spoiler, different hood, front bumper and grille (stainless steel,) if you go 08+, the fender vents are different as well (stainless steel on the v as well) different rear bumper, side sills, rims, wood on passenger side has a v logo instead of "STS" on it, door sill plates have v logo, no spare tire for the v, bigger brakes on the v (which are available on the STS but was rarely purchased and I don't think was available on the AWD.)

With the sts4 you could get HUD for any year. The v only had it for 08 and 09. You could never get adaptive cruise control with the v. You could never get ventilated seats with the v.

When a v was purchased, the only options were color choices and a sunroof delete. So basically these came loaded automatically.

The v was much rarer. ~2500 for all 4 years it was produced (2006-2009,) each year becoming progressively more scarce. I believe 2008 there were only 2 hundred something and by 2009 only 96. This was a limited production car.

Engine was a de-bored northstar. Bored down from 4.6 to 4.4L so it could be reinforced to handle the power of the supercharger. It is a hand built engine, built in Wixom alongside LS7 and other LS series hand built engines, by the same builders. There is a plate on each of these engines with the name of the builder, with the exception of 2006 cars. The engine was also used in the XLR-Vs.

More power, RWD vs less power and 4 tires clawing at the pavement. That's the gist of it.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Counterpoint

The V is not a car to drive on Winter roads and is NOT available with the interactive Magnetic Ride Control (MRC) suspension or my favorite single feature Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). While I would love to have a V in my garage, last Winter I car remember at least a dozen days where I was glad I had my AWD so I could go when and where I wanted.

----------

I forgot about the vented seat limitation on the V - they had those ugly solid color inserts, but that might not have been on all years.

HUD was not available on all AWD's, only 1SG's until 2008. It was paired with ACC until then and it was never offered on any other trim level according to the order book that I saw. In 2008, option restrictions were relaxed and Lane Departure Warning was paired with HUD, even in V6-powered AWD's.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by EChas3
    Counterpoint

The V is not a car to drive on Winter roads and is NOT available with the interactive Magnetic Ride Control (MRC) suspension or my favorite single feature Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC). While I would love to have a V in my garage, last Winter I car remember at least a dozen days where I was glad I had my AWD so I could go when and where I wanted.

----------

I forgot about the vented seat limitation on the V - they had those ugly solid color inserts, but that might not have been on all years.

HUD was not available on all AWD's, only 1SG's until 2008. It was paired with ACC until then and it was never offered on any other trim level according to the order book that I saw. In 2008, option restrictions were relaxed and Lane Departure Warning was paired with HUD, even in V6-powered AWD's.
    V seats had suede inserts as well as on the door panel. Also had tango red interior optional.

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

I almost purchased a 'V' with the tango red interior only because V's are so rare to begin with. I just couldn't do it. The red was a deal killer for me despite the exterior colour being one of my favourites (gray). Having said that, the 'V' is really a seasonal car where I live. We have a lot of winter, a lot of snow and this makes a 'V' very impractical for too much of the year. I have an AWD Northstar and love it; it's fantastic in the winter. Sure the interior could be improved upon a little (like the platinum or 'V') but I'm not completely unhappy with it either.

targetSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 cadillac STS AWD 1SG

even 325hp v8 rwd hard to drive during winter, driving V on snowy roads can kill you
    V is a seasonal car unless you live where winter months are warm.

1BadCadSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 STS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ddalder
    I almost purchased a 'V' with the tango red interior only because V's are so rare to begin with. I just couldn't do it. The red was a deal killer for me despite the exterior colour being one of my favourites (gray). Having said that, the 'V' is really a seasonal car where I live. We have a lot of winter, a lot of snow and this makes a 'V' very impractical for too much of the year. I have an AWD Northstar and love it; it's fantastic in the winter. Sure the interior could be improved upon a little (like the platinum or 'V') but I'm not completely unhappy with it either.
    You can see my V interior on my STS when you come visit!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.