HID switch from LHD to RHD
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, HID switch from LHD to RHD in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, Maybe someone can help. As I traveling a lot around Europe (UK-GERMANY-POLAND-UK) is necesary to switch light projecting. On ...
    Wojciech is offline Cadillac Owners Member

HID switch from LHD to RHD

Hi,

Maybe someone can help.
    As I traveling a lot around Europe (UK-GERMANY-POLAND-UK) is necesary to switch light projecting.
    On standard H4 bulbs I just change adjustment, someone else stick special sticker on head light.
    But you can't do it on HID (xenon).

My question is.
    Is there any option to quick switch projecting from LHD to RHD ?

As I know some manufacturer included switch which allow you to do it.
    How about Caddy??

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

PontiacV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

Re: HID switch from LHD to RHD

Quote Originally Posted by Wojciech View Post
    Hi,
    Is there any option to quick switch projecting from LHD to RHD ?

As I know some manufacturer included switch which allow you to do it.
    ...no...nothing...
    ...vice versa...same for sigma-based "euro" export LHD STS...they also don't have a switch...or anything like that...(and nothing mentioned in the export owner manual)
    ...and sigma-based RHD STS were only made as 2008 and 2009 models...they got the export ECE RHD HID headlamps...thats all...
    ...you know, our cars are not widespread in europe...like a VW, Benz, BMW (...you're right, some of these cars could be "switched"...and other use just tape on some parts of the headlamp )...
    ...so...there is and was no big intention for GM/Cadillac to make a special programming, a special switch, parts or whatever for the headlamps..

...the 98 - 04 export Seville STS and SLS and the CTS had the same LHD vs. RHD-"problem"...

Thanks!

So how did you solve this problem?
    Sticker?

OK I think there is possibilities to do it.
    You have to re adjust the light using two cables on the back of light housing.

PontiacV8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS, Sold: 1997 Cadillac Seville STS (EXP)

So how did you solve this problem?
    Sticker?
    ...I am in Germany...and my car is a LHD export...I never used the STS for trips to the UK/GB...so...no problem at all...
    ...but many people from the continent don't do anything with the (xenon-) lamps, when they do a UK holiday trip...(...and I don't believe it's vice versa...)
    ...so, just for business, holiday or weekend trips it should be no problem for you to drive your RHD STS through Europe to Poland...

You have to re adjust the light using two cables on the back of light housing.
    ...hmm...never heard or read about...but I will never adjust myself anything on the hid headlamps...possibly to make things worse...
    ...and if I have to drive to England with the STS, I also won't do anything to the lamps...no sticker, no tape...

Hehehe....
    Yes there are two cables for adjustment for each headlight. So I believe I can do it this way.
    But as you mentioned is one week of holiday so I will keep it as is.
    I will drive during the day through the Europe. Lights will be turned off except Poland (they required 24h lights on).
    Maybe when I'll back that will be night not sure.

I asked just in case if that would be something simple I would'n blind oncommng traffic even for while.

But finally I decided do not change adjustments etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.