Front seats
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Front seats in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Can I put 2008 sts front & rear seats in my cadillac sts 2005 they have same options just different ...
    Mickjagger5 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS V8 AWD 1SG

Front seats

Can I put 2008 sts front & rear seats in my cadillac sts 2005 they have same options just different trim codes mine is 32I 323 and the others is 32I 322 anybody kno the difference also will the floor console fit in my car aswell here are the codes mine is 50165017 thanks for input
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Re: Front seats

Are you asking will they fit, or will they work?

The seat base for seat RPO A45 is the same from 2005-11 so the attachment will be the same. The AL2 seat base however is only for 2008-09. So the short answer is they should fit without a problem but the controls may not work, especially if you're installing heated & ventilated seats in a car without the heating & ventilating option. The other issue that may present a problem could relate to the memory package. Simply adding the seat won't give you memory if you don't already have it. There is also a difference between cars with the base radio versus navigation radio. Cars with nav have 2 speakers in each front seat as well.

What is the purpose for your intended change?

----------

The other factor that warrants consideration is ensuring the side air bags, seat belt attachment mechanism and pretensioners are the same between the two years. I expect they are, but I've seen stranger things...

My purpose is to that the leather on my original heated cooled seats is cracked and these are in working condition and look terrific my car does have heated cooled seat option and seat memory so will they fit

If all the options are the same I expect they will. Only one other consideration that might warrant some investigation is to ensure the Passenger Presence System didn't change between those model years. I would also strongly suggest looking through the service manual at the applicable connector end views for the inline connectors attaching the seat to the main body harness. You will want to ensure they are both the same connector and that they are wired the same.

KRSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Crystal Red 2008 3.6 DI RWD

Why don't you just swap the leather covers?

It appears that your car doesn't have the Passenger Presence System (RPO AL0) but the seats for the 2008 does. I expect this would be easy enough to disable on the newer seat. You could consider just changing the leather across but I don't know if there are different attachment points for the newer seats given the added PPS in the 2008 seats. Personally, I would be inclined to just swap the whole seat as it is much less work (assuming everything else is equal or can easily be made so). The RPO's that are important for consideration are AL2, AQ9 (Every STS of this vintage has this RPO), A45, AY0, KA6, UY5, IL2/IL3 & 322/323. If I'm not mistaken, 322/323 indicates the same medium dark cashmere leather but one is Tuscany and one is not. I believe 322 is not Tuscany. IL2 versus IL3 is the interior trim style. I don't believe this is a big factor if you are looking at just the seats.

----------

Sorry, KA6 is for rear seats... KB6 is the RPO of concern for front seats in your case.

Part number for leather both front and rear anybody

Not entirely sure about part numbers. The cost to do the driver's seat (both pieces) looks to be about $625 and the passenger seat (both pieces) about $615 if you are buying new. Chris at Rippy may be able to give you an exact price and part numbers. He provides member discounts so I'd check with him. Haven't looked into the rear seats.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.