Possibly making the switch from a 98 Catera to an 05 sts. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Possibly making the switch from a 98 Catera to an 05 sts. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 98Catera_2010, My 06 STS is white diamond with beige interior. I really like the beige. My truck which has dark ...
    dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 99,000 miles

Re: Possibly making the switch from a 98 Catera to an 05 sts.

98Catera_2010, My 06 STS is white diamond with beige interior. I really like the beige. My truck which has dark gray seats with black carpet. With the dark interior I lose things, like looking for something with the lights out. Maybe its just my eyes. I keep a flash light in the door. Danny

curtc is online now OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 135k

I've always had tan leather interior in my past Cadillac's but my 06 STS is white diamond with black interior and I must say, black is much easier to keep up as far as cleanliness, it hides dirt/smudges so much better. And now I actually really LOVE the white/black contrast. I've actually heard white diamond with black interior is a rare combo, not sure how true that is though.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

ddalder is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

I've never been a fan of tan or other light coloured interiors. My STS is light gray and I feel like I'm always walking on eggshells to try and keep it clean. I like how it looks but it has never been my first choice. GM often pairs white cars with a tan interior. I've seen white/gray also but not nearly as frequently.

98Catera_2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Catera
    Well those first two fell through, I'm not gunna settle for a v6 so I have found another that I know is a north ☆ and also its AWD. This is the second choice of mine for exterior and interior colors. First being light Platinum paint with ebony leather. This silver smoke STS looks nice in the pictures can't wait till I have a day to go look at it. Let me know what y'all think about it. I can tell headlights have moisture but haven't spotted anything else wrong visually.

http://listings.boostmotorgroup.com/...ehicleTypeID=0

dannyquest is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS 99,000 miles

Water in head light assembly can be a lot of money. New head lights plus labor, $1,000 ?. Danny

Guy.Seminerio is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 STS-V; 1979 Coupe Deville, 2012 Chevy Cruze Eco Manual

Unless you try the fix yourself.

Car is nice. I like the interior color. It has the 18 in rims which are nice.

REALTORBENJAMIN is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac STS V8 RWD

Quote Originally Posted by 98Catera_2010 View Post
    Well those first two fell through, I'm not gunna settle for a v6 so I have found another that I know is a north ☆ and also its AWD. This is the second choice of mine for exterior and interior colors. First being light Platinum paint with ebony leather. This silver smoke STS looks nice in the pictures can't wait till I have a day to go look at it. Let me know what y'all think about it. I can tell headlights have moisture but haven't spotted anything else wrong visually.

http://listings.boostmotorgroup.com/...ehicleTypeID=0
    way better colour. Has the dark dash and steering which I think look better. Make sure you are educated on the magnetic ride suspension and the costs for replacing it OEM and the options to go passive.

sly caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Sedan Deville
    You dudes are hilarious talking down on the V6. I got one last October with 116k on it for $3500 through repo. All I did was tune it and throw a battery in it. I am now at 137k with another month to go to complete a year.
    That's right! No oil change records etc. Northstar left a bad taste in my mouth after my 99 blew a head gasket. The new ones are more solid but still have that awful rear main seal leak. The Northstar is a car length faster and handles a bit worst than v6 models. As for features the more useless features the more problems. I love my v6 and the fact I got it dirt cheap even better. It's clean as a whistle and I added factory navigation off eBay. If I want to put state of the art sound system in that's a simple fix.
    Stop hating guys your car is no better. Lol. Only a person pushing the Sts V can talk down not u folks

Quote Originally Posted by sly caddy View Post
    Only a person pushing the Sts V can talk down not u folks
    How can you say this? There is a lot more to this than just the ability to generate HP. I'm glad you're happy with your car and it's unfortunate you had a bad experience with your '99 Northstar. However, it would appear that you have not taken the time to read through all the discussions about the V6 because it's certainly no stranger to its fair share of problems either.
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

sly caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Sedan Deville
    All I'm saying is I don't have those problems. I have driven over 20k miles and have a car with almost 140k. I check my oil too every fill up just as I did with past vehicles. You guys are bashing hard. It's a reason Cadillac only offer v6 and 4 cylinder now. It's a new day. V8s are old news, heavy, and non efficient.

My problem is every car enthusiast site I join dudes bash other folks on their option of the same vehicle. My Honda prelude is bashed because it's and automatic and not a stick. My bmw 328i is bashed because it isn't a 335i. At the end of the day your car isn't that much faster and looks just like the base models. People come here for advice to fix problems not to get bashed for the choice they made. General motors isn't the most reliable brand to begin with, so to say the N* is some for of God car is a lie. Last I checked GM is being sued for millions. Anyway I said my peace and I'll move along

I'm not disagreeing with some of what you've said. I make an effort not to bash other cars despite having a distinct opinion about some of them. I simply felt from the way you wrote your post this was about yourself versus "you guys" (the rest of us) of which I am a part. Many V8's are not efficient and are heavy (although GM is boasting a new V8 which is claimed to be more efficient than one of Ford's V6's). I prefer the V8 for the smooth idle, smooth acceleration and pleasing sound above ANY V6 I've ever driven. This however is a preference and does not factor in such things as fuel economy. While GM may have pending or current lawsuits, I'll guarantee they are not the only automobile manufacturer to be in this same predicament.

I don't feel this is a case where anyone wants you to "move along", just that with any forum, some members tend to be hard on each other. At the same time, many of us enjoy taking part for the purpose of discussion, healthy debate and sharing knowledge. We all learn quickly which of these categories each member falls into and how to filter what we read. I have had very few experiences in life where there has been no bad to go along with the good.
    Ludacrisvp likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.