TPMS computerized reset machine - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, TPMS computerized reset machine in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; No, however for a seasonal wheel & tire swap it works great. I have winter tires mounted on separate rims ...
    ddalder is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-4 N* 1SG

Re: TPMS computerized reset machine

No, however for a seasonal wheel & tire swap it works great. I have winter tires mounted on separate rims so it makes life much easier than using the deflation method or driving to the tire shop. If I have a bad sensor I'm off to the tire shop anyway since I don't have the tools or interest in trying to swap it myself. There is a lack of diagnostic data but my experience is that most problems are dead/dying batteries and not really system or other type of sensor fault.
    dkozloski likes this.

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

That's the same tool I have. Works great for what it does.

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

That's the one I got, too. It was el cheapo but works great.

Loren is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 STS

Thanks guys for your replies. I bought an OEM ACDELCO #25758220 at Rock Auto for just over $63 and am planning to have my tire dealer install it since they did the last ones for me. I figure it'll run me about $70 -$75 total, a lot less than the nearly $200 the dealer wants. I figured that $48 for a test with NO guarentee of success was a bit much. I don't mind paying an honest price for honest work but $200 for this job is a bit out of line. Thanks again.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

I've written up a couple of time that a TPMS replacement is an hour or less DIY job for a 74 year old man, particularly the front.
    Jack up the wheel.
    Remove the valve core.
    Break the beard on the outside of the rim with a tire spoon ar a humongous screwdriver.
    Use a couple of irwin quick clamps on each side of the stem to squeeze the tire down to where you can get a hand in to remove the TPMS sensor after you remove the nut that holds it in.
    Carefully fish the new sensor into place and tighten the nut to the proper torque. Don't drop it inside the tire.
    Remove the clamps and pull the tire out to set the bead so you can air it up.
    If the bead won't seal squirt a little starting fluid into the tire at the crack between the rim and the tire and pass your lit cigarette lighter over the crack and presto the bead is set.
    Air up the tire.
    Pat yourself on the back.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.