2008 V6 oil consumption...zero over 5000 miles.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, 2008 V6 oil consumption...zero over 5000 miles. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Bought my 2008 STS4 in January. I've been checking the oil every month. I don't drive it much and finally ...
    funk_drum is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS4

2008 V6 oil consumption...zero over 5000 miles.

Bought my 2008 STS4 in January. I've been checking the oil every month. I don't drive it much and finally put enough miles on it to get the oil change. Checked it this morning, no oil consumption since January. This is a relief to me seeing all the complaints. Has under 82k miles.

So here's one that seems to be fine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

curtc is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 1SF RWD

Re: 2008 V6 oil consumption...zero over 5000 miles.

Consider yourself fortunate...And continue to monitor it closely going forward.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS - 67,500 miles, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD

Re: 2008 V6 oil consumption...zero over 5000 miles.

Remember - You're in a gloom and doom forum where everything is wrong - no one comes in here to post good news. There are many, many, many more engines getting the about same oil mileage as you are - the burners and leakers are in the minority.

As curtc hinted - perform weekly underhood checks and monthly tire pressure checks - don't wait for some Help! message to pop up in the DIC - if one ever does you're guilty of poor owner maintenance.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.