Cadillac Owners Forum banner

2005 STS V8 AWD ignition coil pack

8K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  1BadCadSTS 
#1 ·
Hi I just recently purchased a STS with 144,000mi on it my first issue wAs I had a code for misfire in cylinder 5 and random misfires so I took the step to change out plugs wich by my look had never been changed. I switched those old busted ones for brand new ACdelco iridium 41-993. Had system rest and code comes back the dealer whom I believe was a oaf then told me I needed coil packs in which I need to replace all since one was misfiring and that they only came individually at 200$usd. I peek at his screen and can see a entire ignition module assembly with four coils.

I then proceed to get on my phone pull up acdelco website and look up ignition coil by vin and see that the entire module is part ACdelco D593A, and that only 2 per vehical were required. Am I right to believe this that when I purchase a coil pack for 140+ I would get the module assemble with 4 ignition coils being that it's 1st design

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
Echase I believe I'm sure I went to their website ran my vin and the part in my picture was shown with part number attached. But open to suggestions. B1n2fra how many coils came wth that? I ran into similar problem at dealer her in flint, MI aka al serra boofs if yu ask me!!! In which they told me I had to buy each coil individually and I needed 8 at about same price a piece. That's what prompted me to go research the part on my own. Went to brown and sons and they ran my vin and came bk with product in picture as described. And as for plugs I got that part number from acdelco website as well.. But like I said I'm open to suggestions.

----------

I take that back I did not get that part number off acdelco what are the best plugs for this Echase3

#10 ·
05-06 LH2 uses a different coil and icm. They are available as a complete assembly for around 200-250. 07+ however is available ONLY via individual parts. No idea what's different but I can also tell you the plug gap on the 05-06 is different than the 07+. 05-06 Delco plugs are not readily available at most retail stores. I put 07 plugs in that I regapped which are available on my 05 with ZERO ill effects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.