Halogen Replacements...Thoughts and suggestions??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MikesCaddy06
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, Halogen Replacements...Thoughts and suggestions?? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Well once again I have a headlight out....took me 6 hours last time to change the bulbs!! This time I ...
    MikesCaddy06 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4

Halogen Replacements...Thoughts and suggestions??

Well once again I have a headlight out....took me 6 hours last time to change the bulbs!! This time I have a little more knowledge on what I'm doing so I'm hoping to have it done in 2 hours. My little "peanut" light is out too....so while I have everything taken apart I figured i might as well update all the bulbs. This time around I bought the H11 Sylvania zXe's ($60 for the low beams), a pair of LED 194's for my "peanuts", and the H3 Sylvania zXe's for my fog lights. Should I go all out and swap out the high beams too? Does anyone else have these bulbs installed? My goal is to have them all match....work hasn't begun yet because I'm still waiting for my H3's in the mail. I just wanted to get some feedback on the Sylvania's zXe line of bulbs? Also does anyone know the color temperature for the low beams? The LED 194's say 6000K, but i can't find a color temp for the halogens on the package.
    Thoughts......?? Or other suggestions............Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Halogen Replacements...Thoughts and suggestions??

I'm nearing 100k on my 2006 and have yet to lose a headlight, or any other bulb. I admit, I'm overdue; but facts are facts.

Where do you drive?

----------

My wife has about 75k on her 2007, no HID's; all OEM like me. Same story.

I have a 2006 as well that just hit 80 thousand miles! I've only owned the car a little over a year and this is the second set of bulbs to be replaced. It's the same headlight on the drivers side that went out too. Other than 2 headlights I've also replace the license plate bulbs. Lucky for you, its a PITA to change these bulbs. My last car I could change the headlight in less than a minute. Im a New York driver and I probably drive less than 30 miles a day.....

I suspect the integrity of wiring connectors and other molding. If you can't garage a car, it will age three times as fast but you can treat all connections and bulb fittings with dielectric grease every time they are disturbed.

turnne is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by EChas3 View Post
    I'm nearing 100k on my 2006 and have yet to lose a headlight, or any other bulb. I admit, I'm overdue; but facts are facts.

Where do you drive?

----------

My wife has about 75k on her 2007, no HID's; all OEM like me. Same story.
    you didnt buy either car new...correct?

If not how would you know they are original

I had a peanut light go about a year after I bought the car in 2010
    though I really dont know, with 100% certainty, what was replaced before my ownership

Warren

It's true, Hertz could have replaced a bulb on my wife's car in the first year or 9,800 miles. My car was always dealer serviced and there's nothing on the VIN report.

The STS definately sleeps in the garage.....
    VTEC likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.