For those with 20 inch wheels....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac STS Forum - 2005 through 2012 Discussion, For those with 20 inch wheels.... in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; How degraded is the ride? The roads are poor where I live in the inner city. Also, has anyone gone ...
    tedasaurus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1981 Fleetwood, 1994 Fleetwood

For those with 20 inch wheels....

How degraded is the ride? The roads are poor where I live in the inner city. Also, has anyone gone with a higher sidewall than what the aftermarket recommends for 20's? Say a 275x45 on 20x8.5 wheels? I want to get rid of the more narrow front wheels in order to reduce understeer as well. There sure is a lot of wheel well gap to fit a taller than recommended tire, especially in the rear. Also did anyone keep the TPMS system working? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

05STSon21s is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: For those with 20 inch wheels....

275/45 is a pretty large tire for 20's... most use 255/35.. i have 255/35/21 with my 21's ... 275 might just be to much .. A larger tire would be nice in t he rear but i would not go that big infront.. Maybe do a stagard fitment .. or go with 22's..

Oh btw .. My ride dident change all that much with my 21's.. alil bumpyer but nothing you wont get use to.. efected breaking some but nothing major.. I kinda prefer the ride and feal with my rims on compared to the factorys.. i like the weight and the way the stearing feals

cmicasa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by 05STSon21s
    Oh btw .. My ride dident change all that much with my 21's.. alil bumpyer but nothing you wont get use to.. efected breaking some but nothing major.. I kinda prefer the ride and feal with my rims on compared to the factorys.. i like the weight and the way the stearing feals
    I tell u man, when I replace my tires on my 20's I swear I will make 'em a little meatier. I had 2 place 2 rims because of f-ing potholes here in Baltimore. If I had had jst a little more tire I would have been OK.

I do have some good news tho...I just saved a bunch of $$$ on my car insurance. And it damn sure wasn't Geico.

Sorry 2 hear that man! what size tire are u running on ur 20's? yea Baltimore streets are no joke .. the ones here in cleveland are pretty bad 2.. Im not looking fwd to that 255/30/22 tire but im gonna do it anyways wish me luck haha

JLaws is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Go with size 245/40/20. Very comfortable compared to 255/35/20's

only about a 3/4 inch over the stock size but make a huge difference. I recommend the BF Goodrich tire. It has a very soft compound rubber.

245/40s are nice and give a decent ride but their pretty narrow.. the factory rear tires are wider..

Rondog is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just purchased a set of 245/40/20 for my 05 STS. What tire pressure are you running and how far did it knock your speedometer off. Feel free to E-mail me at
    jbaker@rrohio
    Thanks

Not sure what brand tire you got but u should be good at about 35 psi

JLaws is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs up Re: For those with 20 inch wheels....

Quote Originally Posted by Rondog
    Just purchased a set of 245/40/20 for my 05 STS. What tire pressure are you running and how far did it knock your speedometer off. Feel free to E-mail me at
    jbaker@rrohio
    Thanks

Between 32 and 35 is good. Adjust for comfort. It throws your speedo of alittle at city speed limits (2 to 3mph) It increase the faster you go. Keep in mind you are putting less miles on the car since the tires are bigger and rotations per mile is less.

seveputter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

check out MC2 custom wheels, http://www.mc2ning.com/, nice stuff. have the ft16 21's on my '05 STS AWD

Rondog is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I changed to the 245/40/20 wheel with Falken tires and the ride was not hardley any difference at all. I also put the tire sensors in the wheels and was able to program them myself with the help of the owners manual. I just recently sold my STS and have less than 200 miles on these wheels and tires if you are interested. See my post on the CADDY WHEELS!

Thanks
    JBaker
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.